Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ronynz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 02:19 AM
    Goat pregnant or not
    I have a one year old Saanen goat who has recently bagged up underneath making me think she might be in kid. Problem one is we don't have a male goat! Problem two she was in a paddock with some rams and I've been told they can cross.
    How do I tell if she has just gone into milk as a maiden or if she is having a geep?? I've had a good feel around her tum but can't figure out if what I'm feeling is offspring or digestion! Any ideas? She has been bagged up for about a month now.
    amylc Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 07:37 PM
    My husband says that Rams do goats and their babies are ugly. Their hair will be like a poodles. Billy Goats will also do Rams.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feeding my goat too much? [ 11 Answers ]

New to the goat thing-can you feed a goat too much? She's in the process of weaning twins. We give about a coffee can full of feed twice daily plus hay and free feed. Babies will eat feed, too but she gets the most of it. She will not hush! Is she crying because she's hungry or about to explode?...

Male goat [ 2 Answers ]

I hope I am in the right area. After 30 years without a horse, I purchased one and bought him a goat as a companion. He is an intact male and has turned quite mean. I have notice that I should have bought a neutered male. My question is can I have this one neutered now? The horse is quite fond...

Goat away [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Nice forum. My name is Michael and my wife and I just bought a house in the country. Absolutely love everything about it.Except for a neighbors goat! I have tried numerous times to cath our new neighbor at home to discuss this but have failed so far. She has beautiful Horses, and Swans, and...

Goat Milk Soap [ 1 Answers ]

What (dis)advantages does it have over the regulars?

View more questions Search