Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greatinbed Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 29, 2005, 12:05 PM
    Jealousy
    Why are guys so jealous even when they aren't dating you? I mean even I get the pangs of jealousy when I see the guy I intend to date talking to another girl. But why is that, we aren't dating? Let's say we talk, but he has the right to talk to other people too since we aren't together. But I can't help but feel like he is mine, although he's not. It's a cazy world!! WHy oh why?

There are time when other guys walk up to me to say hi when I'm talking with someone else and the guy gets mad about it. That doesn't make sense. Also, can guys really sense when another guy is "cockblocking"? Do you all understand what I mean. It's like two guys trying to get with the same girl and when they are both with her they try to take her attention from the other one so he can get it from her. Jesus, even I am confusin myself. I know my thread is on jealousy but I need to know this whole "cockblocking" business. Guys, let me know. Peace.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2005, 07:36 AM
    It works the same with girls too.

Sometimes it's like a game - to see who the best man/girl may be; a competition as it were. I was dating this a guy once (who turned out to be a bit of a player) - his mate really like me and so took it upon himself to try and be the better guy. Wanted me to ditch the one I was dating for him - it's all so pathetic really!

It can be about possession - he/she is mine hands off - 9 times out of 10 this applies to those who have split up and one cannot bear to see the other with someone else.

My best male friend 'M' - he and I used to date. Eventually we realised that we were better off as friends and we are still the best of friends to this day. But he used to get quite jelous if I was talking to someone else - that was merely because he felt I was paying more attention to others than him (which is really silly - but we were a lot younger back then namely 16/17yrs old) we look back and laugh now - but at the time it seemed so real and I guess it bolied down to insecurity on his part.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2005, 08:16 AM
    Jealousy
    Hi,
    Jealousy is just another fact of life. It's something that one accepts as part of the "game" of men, and women, too.
    It's natural to feel this way, but some do tend to take it to extremes. To be "jealouse" of someone you don't even know might be pushing it to an extreme.
    Normally, it happens when you know someone, and don't want anyone else paying attention to them. It can cause hurt feelings, if you let it go that far.
    Meantime, there is really nothing to do about a man's "game" of trying to outdo the other man. I would consider it a compliment.
    If you wish to read more about it, here is a link:
    http://joe.bi.org/jealousy.html
    This link talks about men possibly being "insecure".

Best of luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Jealousy [ 25 Answers ]

I'm so jealose to my husband,whenever we go out,I think he look at other women,I keep look at his eyes to find where he look at.I told him about what I thinking & he said he looks everybody not just women or if he looks women he not mean it.he loves me,he keep saying I'm beautiful.. . But I know I...

Jealousy [ 13 Answers ]

Hello guys, I have a big problem which is I am so jealous of a friend since we were kids and every guy say that she is beautiful I hate them and I do not want to interact with them any more even he says he loves me I do not believe it and I break up with him, what you think I should do? It is...

Unbelievable jealousy! [ 9 Answers ]

I have one more problem with my current relationship. You probably all think my relationship is doomed with problems, but I fail to mension all the great things about it! I am so jealous. Jealous of girls on the street he looks at, jealous of girls in magazines he looks at, jealous of his ex's....

Jealousy. [ 6 Answers ]

I have a big problem with jealousy. I've met a very special guy and I'm very in love with him, and I don't want him to see how jealous I really am. I'll get mad if he even TALKS to another girl or walks with one to class, especially if she's hot. It's like inferiority complex, I guess I just have a...

View more questions Search