Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Why Am I Here Posts: 40, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2007, 09:40 PM
    Automated Manufacturing Systems
    So I have a major dilemma... with an imbesile for a T.A. in my Materials and Process Laboratory class and there's a project we have to do. All I'm looking for is someone out there who knows something, works for, or has a good idea about a subject and presentation I could do for Automated Manufacturing. I've tried to ask the T.A. to explain to me what exactly is a good company or good object to use for the project but I swear this guy has no idea what he's talking about because he can't exactly answer my questions. PLEASE HELP IF POSSIBLE. IF YOU NEED MORE INFO JUST ASK!! THANKS!!
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 11:28 PM
    I can suggest a programs I watch on Dish Network -- It is on the Discovery

Channel (182) they show how manufacturing is automated, they had a show on

Manufacturing electrical panels... They also showed how several machines assembled

Circuit breakers, and made one every 3 seconds -- each process was detailed...

Another show was about aluminum pistons which were heat processed to harden

Them and then a CNC machine drilled and milled them to produce a very precision

Product... Much of the process was untouched by human hands and never tireing.

Step by step each part is exactly what was entered into processor...
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 12:55 AM
    I want one of these:

Main Page - Fab @ Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Manufacturing Overhead [ 1 Answers ]

I can't figure out how to calculate manufacturing overhead applied to production. The company has determined that each drive requires one casing and one circuit with costs of $10 and $25, respectively. In addition it requires 0.6 hours of labor to manufacture a single flash drive. The current lavor...

Soyaworld manufacturing [ 1 Answers ]

Need to understand manufacturing capabilities of Soyaworld, the soy milk producer in Canada

Manufacturing overhead [ 1 Answers ]

Company's manufacturing overhead is 20% of it's total conversion cost. If direct labor is $45,000 and direct materials are $53,000, the manufacturing overhead is? How do I figure this?

Manufacturing Business [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, I have been hand making a little gizmo I made up and give to friends. I have come to realize that many people would buy this trinket. I believe that I would need a machine to produce these at a rate worth selling at. I have attempted to construct a jig but still cannot make enough to...

View more questions Search