Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Nov 20, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Table Etiquette
    I'm wondering, what is proper table manners. Like the salad spoon and dinner spoon and stuff like that, can anyone give me a crash course?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 09:59 PM
    Here's a site that will help:

Dinner Etiquette - Robert J. Trulaske, Sr. College of Business - University of Missouri-Columbia

(Most silverware is practical and obvious -- the soup spoon has a round and deeper bowl than a regular spoon, the dessert fork has shorter tines, and the dinner fork has longer tines. If there is a steak knife, it will be sharp with a serrated edge.)
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 10:10 PM
    Good rule of thumb, if you are just looking to know which to use when, is to start at the outside of the table setting and work your way in.
    squackmaster Posts: 43, Reputation: 9

Nov 21, 2007, 02:38 AM
    I hate those damn salad spoons.
    Da Bigchamp Posts: 360, Reputation: 18

Nov 21, 2007, 10:46 AM
    I know when to use the spoons and forks, I was just wondering which one goes where. Thank you wonder girl.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jewelry Etiquette [ 4 Answers ]

]Is it proper or improper to wear a pin on a suit as well as a necklace?

Family etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

My question is related to family. My brother in law asked my husband about the 2 of us coming to sydney to surprise their mum for her birthday. As their mum and dad would be coming from south australia to visit. I was raised that if you ask somebody to come from another city or state that you in...

Thank you card Etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got married, and have finally sat down to do all of my thank you notes. First I am doing the wedding shower thank you's. But I'm stumped! Should I send a thank you card to those who didn't give a gift? Also, we had an uninvited guest come who didn't bring a gift. Do I need to send...

Wedding etiquette [ 10 Answers ]

Is it okay to wear a black dress/like a cocktail dress to an evening wedding?

Proper etiquette [ 3 Answers ]

One of my closest friends is getting married and I am in the wedding party. Things are getting quite pricey between dress, shoes, bridal shower, bachlorette party, not to mention the cost of the hotel room for the weekend. The reception is at a very nice place and unfortunately that nice place...

View more questions Search