Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duecey93 Posts: 207, Reputation: 3

Nov 20, 2007, 04:34 PM
    Name of handles in jet
    What is the name of the handles in a jet.If you don't understand what handles then here's an example; a car is controlled by the sttering wheel.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
    And your point is..
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Is this some kind of yoke?
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 05:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Duecey93
    It wasn't a joke
    My question wasn't a joke. I'm writing an article for school involving aircraft and I needed the correct erm for the steering device in a jet.
    I wasn't joking either... the steering wheel/stick in an airplane is called the yoke.
    And, I usually don't help out with homework, but I have a soft spot for flying.

Read more here:

Aircraft engine controls: Information and Much More from Answers.com

I hope this helped you...
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 11:47 PM
    DUECEY93;;;;- I hope I'm not to late with this information;; ON a jet fighter you have what is called a (STICK) It comes up between the pilots legs, if it has another person on board,(COPILOT < GUNNER< NAVEGATOR ) then it has 2 sticks. Now on a multi, engine jet , it has what is called a (YOKE) ,one for PILOT,and One for COPILOT.( Both fighter and multi engine jets have RUDDER PEDELS ON THE FLOOR <THAT IS ALSO USED FOR STERRING THE AIRCRAFT) IF you have a airport near you , go out to the fixed base operator (NOT AIR LINES) and talk to them ,they can show you and give you some good information, nmaybe even some pamplets on this and other information. Good luck on your report in school. Good day ,GOD BLESS ;;;;F.B.E. P.S. IF you have a flight school at nearest airport would be the best:::::
    Ultra Member

Dec 1, 2007, 08:28 PM
    Hey Duecey - What happened to you, How did you come out on your ARTICLE FOR school? hope you made a good grade ::: F.B.E.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Blue Eagle
    DUECEY93;;;;- I hope I'm not to late with this information;; ON a jet fighter you have what is called a (STICK) It comes up between the pilots legs, if it has another person on board,(COPILOT < GUNNER< NAVEGATOR ) then it has 2 sticks. Now on a multi, engine jet , it has what is called a (YOKE) ,one for PILOT,and One for COPILOT.( Both fighter and multi engine jets have RUDDER PEDELS ON THE FLOOR <THAT IS ALSO USED FOR STERRING THE AIRCRAFT) IF you have a airport near you , go out to the fixed base operator (NOT AIR LINES) and talk to them ,they can show you and give you some good information, nmaybe even some pamplets on this and other information. Good luck on your report in school. Good day ,GOD BLESS ;;;;F.B.E. P.S. IF you have a flight school at nearest airport would be the best:::::
    Duecey93::- I'm sorry ,But I forgot 2 things on steering a aircraft, #1- The ailerons on the end of each wing, operated by the stick or yoke, turning it as though it was a steering wheelhelps to turn the plane either right or left & using the rudder pedels with your feet, The stick or yoke, by pushing forwardor pulling back operates the elevators on the tail, that helps when you want to go up or down ;;;;F.B.E.:) :) :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting rid of love handles [ 10 Answers ]

Hello. I just want to ask if u know of a certain exercise that could help get rid of my love handles in the hips. Thank you.

Shower handles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to replace my shower handles which are very old and cruddy. They are held on by one screw and there is a cap that goes over the screw, indicating hot, cold, and diverter. I tried to unscrew them and pull them off, but they are really stuck and one of them I could not even unscrew the...

Lose love handles [ 3 Answers ]

I walk 3 miles 5 days a week speed walking, can anyone answer when I can see some results. I would like to lose about an inch around my waist. I heard cardio is the best thing for you to lose those extra inches. What else could I do and when can I see some results?

Love Handles [ 3 Answers ]

How do you get rid of love handles? I hate mine! Thanks! :)

I need help on improving my handles and shot [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to improve my handles and shot? My coach has me playing a 4 because I do not have handles! I am extremely fast and I am good at driving the lane. I would make a good 2 or 3, please give me your ideas. 1- What position do you play? I play a 2 or 3, my coach has me at 4 2-...

View more questions Search