Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pixiekitty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
    Erratic Mouse Pointer
    My wireless mouse pointer is erratic, that makes it hard to use my mouse. How do I fix it?
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Nov 20, 2007, 03:57 PM
    Check out this link that speaks well about mice and problems with optical mouse movement.

Why does the mouse pointer jump around the screen? - Ask Leo!
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiekitty
    My wireless mouse pointer is erratic, that makes it hard to use my mouse. How do I fix it?
    Your hard drive may have too much running (foreground or background) Check for updates and also check your virus protection. Some can get nervous on some sites, resulting in irregular or stumbled movements. Also, check the mouse settings in your Control Panel. I recommend removing trails and setting motions speed that work more smoothly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing mouse w/o a mouse [ 1 Answers ]

My mouse went out on an old computer and I have tried installing new software using only keystrokes to no avail. Everything I try comes back to the same problem -- not having a mouse. I can't uninstall the old software w/o a mouse. I'm lost. Suggestions appreciated. Ed

Pointer dogs [ 6 Answers ]

why do pointers point? Are they the only breed that points? I was told I had a half boxer and half doberman dog. But she looks more like a pointer, I have noticed she always puts her paw up when she stops walking. I thought she was injured at first but noticed it is not always the same paw and she...

Pointer breed [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted a pointer from the humane society about 6 weeks ago. I want to know if anyone knows of a website for pointers. I want to know about them.

Evo N400c pointer wanders [ 4 Answers ]

Hi , I don't know if anyone can help , I have an evo n400c laptop running xp service pack 2. I have been getting this intermittent problem where the mouse wanders out of control across the screen. I have a pointer instead of a touchpad. I have looked at processes running and there doesn't...

Uncontrolable mouse pointer [ 4 Answers ]

This issue I am about to describe has been on the PC since brand new. Scenario: PC was built by a programmer who made a private custom program. Without going into too much detail, there had to be a lot of match-ups with Mother Board,CPU and Memory. OS is Win XP Pro. (sp2) Built around 2002...

View more questions Search