Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RONTREDO Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Electric space heater
    What size fuses do I use for a 480 volt space heater with it own fan that draws 24 amps
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 04:36 PM
    24 amps x 1.25 (125%) = 30 amps minimum overcurrent protection device. Of course, the fuses need to be rated to handle 480 volts, those typically used are rated 600 volts max.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat for 240V, 5000 Watt electric space heater [ 6 Answers ]

I have a garage electric heater (without thermostat) which I want to wire to a thermostat. The heater is rated 240 volt, 5000 Watt. First, can you suggest any particular thermostat that will handle this line load (I've only been able to find ones that handle up to approx. 3800 Watts) and, lastly,...

Fixed electric space heating [ 6 Answers ]

Is fixed electric space heating considered a continuous load according to the NEC?

Hot water heater in crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

Is it against KYcode to locate an electric hot water heater in the crawl space? I have a walk in crawl space where air handler is located. It never freezes there and seems like an ideal place for the water heater. It is now in unheated garage that can freeze on coldest nights.

Stubby gas water heater in crawl space [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have the same deal as Labman from a year ago, with a natural gas water heater in crawl space. I seem to have about 41-42" of clearance from the floor to the ceiling. My water heater is broken though. I am trying to look for a replacement and can't seem to find any with my height....

Gas water heater in a crawl space? [ 7 Answers ]

I am looking for a gas hot water heater I can instal in a crawl space. I have 3-4 feet of headroom. It needs to be big enough to supply all the hot water for a 4 bedroom house. However the water system does not supply enough water for 2 showers at once. Bosh makes a tankless heater that would...

View more questions Search