Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babymya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I want to give up my baby for adoption
    My boyfriend and I have 2 kids.im pragnet with our third but we can't afford to raise another baby.so what do we have to do to give it up.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 01:44 PM
    There are adoption agencies. Make sure they are open adoption so that if your baby ever wants to find you they don't have the heartache of not being allowed to. Some open adoptions also allow you to keep involved with the child to some degree.
    Make sure it is a reputable agency.

These are two of many

Adoption Agency - Open Adoptions - A Childs Waiting, Akron Ohio

International and Domestic Christian Adoptions | An Open Door Adoption Agency
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
    Check with your local social services office. There are MILLIONS of sites for adoption.

I seriously recommend you find a local one, and ask to talk to a local counselor specializing in adoption--and ask if they can recommend one NOT affiliated with their agency. A reputable agency will have a referral for you.

It's a hard step--and you deserve to know ALL of your options. Try going to Planned Parenthood and ask them for referrals as well.

One thing I would recommend is to NOT go through a private adoption. Private adoptions favor the adoptive parents in most cases (since they're the ones REALLY fronting the money for everything, almost all adoption proceedings favor the adoptive family). At least with an agency, there are rules in place for YOUR peace of mind.

While most states do not allow contracts between birth parents and adoptive parents, try to get your agreement in WRITING, so that the adoptive parents can not say later that they didn't agree to whatever it is you'd like them to do for contact (pictures, letters, phone calls, emails, visitations, whatever).

Sites like Adoption.com are a great place to start... but I really recommend going to a local social services and actually speaking with someone there, and I really REALLY urge you to get pre-adoption counseling, to make SURE you understand what you're giving up.

My heart goes out to you, and I wish you the best of luck with everything.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:10 PM
    And you might consider stop having sex. Or at least going to a clinic and getting birth control pills and use them!
    mackythehacker Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 21, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn
    And you might consider stop having sex. Or at least going to a clinic and getting birth control pills and use them!

Mabe they don't want to stop, just because they love each other doesn't mean that they have to stop showing it for each other, any who died and made you the desider of there relationship??

Oh yea soz for flooding but its up to you if u want to put it up or not people will stand by you all the way no matter what your dision is :)
    sdc719 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Nov 21, 2007, 09:06 PM
    I think you are very noble in your decision for thinking of your children before yourselves. It takes an unselfish person to adopt them out to keep them from having a rough life. Wish you guys luck!

Quote Originally Posted by 450donn

Who the hell died and made you their decision maker? Maybe you should do some research and maybe you would realize that birth control and condoms are not 100% effective. How do you know she isn't on birth control and that they didn't use condoms? Sometimes condoms do break. Sometimes women forget to take their pills. Stress can sometimes counter act with the hormones in the pill, shot, or patch. Interuterine devices have been known to fall out without the woman's knowledge. How do you know God didn't plan this pregnancy so the child could be given to a couple who is unable to conceive and have been hoping for a child for years? You should commend her since even though they cannot afford the child she is choosing life over abortion.
    mjl Posts: 486, Reputation: 26

Nov 26, 2007, 05:00 PM
    I agree with sdc719!! You are exactly right!
    digger1 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Comment on 450donn's post
    It was shallow, rude and abrupt.
    jimmyowns Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:43 PM
    My aunt would love to adopt! Her and her husband want so badly to have a child, and if you haven't given it up yet I would please ask you to contact them. They are through an adoption agency in Indiana and there website is: terriandaudra.com - Home terriandaudra.com - Home

Jim
    bobbathoma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 01:13 PM
    I just so happen to know a couple who would be more than happy to take your baby. They are willing to pay. If you'd like more details, please email me!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My sons girlfriends parents want her to give baby up for adoption [ 28 Answers ]

My son is 17 years old. His girlfriend is 15. Her parents want her to give the baby up for adoption when it is born. We want to raise the baby. Can anyone tell us what our his legal rights are? Her parents will not return our phone calls and she is 4 months pregnant and they haven't taken her to a...

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

Not ready to be a Dad but girlfriend will not give up for adoption! [ 85 Answers ]

Help! My girlfriend of three years and I noticed changes in her body, so I urged her to get a pregnancy test. She waited until recently to discover that she was 13 weeks pregnant. Prior to all of this news, she was on the pill. I have openly expressed my non-interest in being a father now. I...

Can My Mother Make Me Give My Baby Up For Adoption? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I am a 14 year old girl. I am think about getting pregnant to stay with my boyfriend when he goes to jail.. but that's not the reason I want to get pregnant, that's only 5% of it. I want to get pregnant because I love babies I want to be a mother I am pretty much on my own all of the time my...

View more questions Search