Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGPAPA361 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 10:08 AM
    My son's mother's decision
    My ex-girlfriend and I are not together but we recently have had a son. Our situation gets complicated with the intrusion of her parents, who were against this baby from the beginning. I understand that she has a lot of right to the unborn child, but is it illegal for her not to call me when they induced my son. They didn't even call me to let me know that he was born. I found out through the internet from friends. So did I have a legal right to know?
    karent23 Posts: 133, Reputation: 8

Nov 20, 2007, 10:17 AM
    It's not illegal for them not telling you. It was rude of them, but make sure you document that. If you want to be in the child's life you need to make sure you start fighting for your rights now.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGPAPA361
    My ex-girlfriend and I are not together but we recently have had a son. Our situation gets complicated with the intrusion of her parents, who were against this baby from the beginning. I understand that she has a lot of right to the unborn child, but is it illegal for her not to call me when they induced my son. They didn't even call me to let me know that he was born. I found out through the internet from friends. So did I have a legal right to know?

You basically have no legal rights unless the mother gives them to you OR you go to Court to get them -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I live with my mother's friends? [ 2 Answers ]

My names Madison, I'm sixteen-years-old. I live with my maternal grandmother in Iowa, but I've been wanting to stay with my mom and step-dad. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to go about letting them know that. And I was also wondering if my parents' friend, Bobbie, could be my legal...

Mother's cc debt [ 4 Answers ]

My Mother recently passed away leaving the house to me through a trust. She has approximately $3K in cc debt. Am I legally obligated to pay her cc debt? CD

Mother's Day [ 5 Answers ]

Any suggestions on what to get my mother for mother's day? She already has mother's rings, grandmother rings, charms for the grandkids. She is just so picky I don't know what to get her. SHe is 47,if that helps. Thanks

Deceased mother's debt [ 1 Answers ]

I have been reading that I am not responsible for the debt but any assets have to be used to pay for debt. My mother had had no will. Does the assets include the income tax return money and any money received from a state retirement plan? Also, do we have to contact creditors to tell them she is...

Mother's Estate [ 1 Answers ]

My Mother passed away this past April leaving me a small amount of money in her will and leaving everything else to her 7 year old grandson. How long does it take for probate and my sister is threatening that I won't receive a dime. What should I do?

View more questions Search