Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 09:54 AM
    "Best Prices" Websites
    I've been happy using PriceGrabber.com - Comparison Shopping Beyond Compare to check for best pricing on tech and electronic stuff.

I've run into others out there and am curious what ones any of you use, like, and have found to be reliable.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Pricegrabber is a great site Rick. Depending on what I am looking for, I use that site and a number of others. Such as ConsumerReview , Reviews from Epinions , Shopping at BizRate - Price comparisons & product reviews online

I am finding that reliability can be one of those ever changing things. I usually start with the item first, see what is out there, then narrow down the scope of my search pricing that item out on as many sites as I can find through different search engines. Yeah, I probably spend way more time that I should in doing this but I liked to be armed with as much info as possible prior to purchasing any item.
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Thanks. I'd forgotten about Epinions - and did not know about ConsumerReview.

I did a little more digging and just ran a test on something I'm looking for:

Corsair Flash Survivor GT

Best prices found:
    Bizrate: $143
    Pricescan: $166
    Pricegrabber: $147
    Amazon: $151
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 20, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Don't forget Google Product Search ;)
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Nice. Indeed I had forgotten.

... and Google has lower than all of the above at $142.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 12:25 PM
    I think you already know once you find the lowest price, check the shipping charges and make sure there aren't hidden costs! ;) I find sometimes where one place may have the lowest price on an item, they tack on a charge that I am not aware of until I am ready for final checkout, or they just don't use the standard shipping charges. BTW, for computer & electronics I also use Pricewatch | Lower prices on computers, laptops, mp3 players, motherboards, computer parts and electronics and shopper.cnet
    Shopper Search - Corsair Flash Survivor GT - Best Prices - CNET Shopper

And I try DealTime: Price Comparison, Store & Product Reviews , Best Web Buys price comparison shopping. LOL. I am a bit OCD when it comes to price comparisons. I think it stems from getting stuck one too many times during these tough New England winters.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

"Legal" Websites for Downloading MP3s [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I've been doing some research into websites that I could legally download music from (I figure that artists deserve to get paid). One particular site that caught my eye was Aziom www.aziom.com. It claims to have a selection of 5 billion songs with a cheap price of $18 US a year. Does anyone...

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

"Outlawed" websites [ 3 Answers ]

What country hosts the most "outlawed" websites?

View more questions Search