Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annietoal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 09:33 AM
    1099 Tax
    I know that I have to file a 1099 at the end of the year. What I am trying to find out is- What is a base percentage that I should with hold from each pay check, so that I will be able to pay what I owe...
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Feb 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
    There are too many variables involved in the consideration. You only need to pay tax on the net income of the 1099. You need to think about how much did you spend on making that income, do you have other income source, are you self-employed, how many dependents you have, etc. It's just not enough information to answer the percentage question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1099 Tax specifics [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am about to accept job on 1099. Expected early income would be about $90,000.00 I would like to know what percentage of tax will I pay in each categary. I am a resident of Illinois state. Example: State, Federal, Medicare, Social Security, etc. Please let me know asap. Thanks,

1099 Tax [ 2 Answers ]

This will be my 1st year filing a 1099MISC. I have always in the past filed a W-2 with no problem. This year is different. My question is will I receive a refund from a 1099? I have two depens. :eek:

1099 tax ID number [ 1 Answers ]

I can't think of the form but there is a form that businesses use to have independent contractors and business that do work with to to fill out. It gives their legal name, contact person, full legal mailing address and either a tax ID number or a social security number Sorry I can't think of the...

1099 without tax id [ 1 Answers ]

I am still preparing the 1099 forms. One contractor fails to provide us his tax id. IRS 1099 instructions indicate that there may be penalty for not providing the tax id. Shoud I still file the 1099 for him without the tax ID? Or it is better off not to file at all.

1099 Tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am working as a software engineer on W2 base. Also, I am doing a second job that is 1099 Misc basis. Last year on 1099, I paid a huge tax rate like 40%. So my question is how can I reduce the tax rate on second job. My friends advaced me to start a new company. Is it necessary to start a...

View more questions Search