Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anandj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 20, 2007, 03:07 AM
    Total tax amount
    Hi, I am an Indian employee traveling to USA on L1. My wife will also accompany with me from day 1. My Indian company is offering me USD 5000 as onsite (USA) salary. Can you please tell me what will be total deduction(tax) from my salary? I know I am asking this quite earlier but it will help to take the decision about accepting the offer. Your earlest reply is appreciated. Regards, Anand
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Nov 20, 2007, 11:40 AM
    You will owe Social Security (6.2%) and Medicare (1.45%) as flat taxes at the percentages cited.

Assuming that you file jointly, your federal income tax rate will be 15%.

If you file Married Filing Separately, the last $20K of your income will be taxed at 25%.

You probably will also owe state income tax, which varies from state to state. Seven states have no income tax, however.
    Lemayian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2016, 09:54 AM
    During April, the production department of a process manufacturing system completed a number of units of a product and transferred them to finished goods. Of these transferred units, 60,000 were in process in the production department at the beginning of April and 240,000 were started and completed in April. April’s beginning inventory units were 60% complete with respect to materials and 40% complete with respect to conversion. At the end of April, 82,000 additional units were in process in the production department and were 80% complete with respect to materials and 30% complete with respect to conversion.
    The production department had $850,368 of direct materials and $649,296 of conversion costs charged to it during April. Also, its beginning inventory of $167,066 consists of $118,472 of direct materials cost and $48,594 of conversion costs.

Using the FIFO method, prepare the direct materials cost and the conversion cost per equivalent unit and assign April's costs to the department’s output.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 15, 2016, 10:06 AM
    This is a homework question, which, under forum rules, CANNOT be answered.

Defeats the purpose of the homework, which is to learn!
    suntaxfla Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2016, 11:38 AM
    I assume you mean $50,000

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

(New to site,Hi!)What amount should be included in the deferred income tax liability? [ 2 Answers ]

I know it's a long question, sorry Karr, Inc. uses the accrual method of accounting for financial reporting purposes and appropriately uses the installment method of accounting for income tax purposes. Installment income of $900,000 will be collected in the following years when the enacted...

Tax deductible amount in CA [ 1 Answers ]

I work in CA and my annual salary is 85K, how much tax I have to pay on it. Or what will be take home amount? My dependents are my wife and one child.

Where do I put this amount on tax form? [ 1 Answers ]

My son gave his dad money to buy a piece of heavy equipment for his business.His dad promised a percentage of the profits made using this piece of machinery. His Dad gave him 15,000.00 for his profit and some money back on the equipment as he is paying him back so much a year on it and then the...

Total Income Tax for a resident alien living in CT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a job offer from a US based company to work from Wilton, CT. My annual emoluments would sum up to US $96000. I have no clue about the income tax regulations prevaliing in US. I am expected to report in my office in a week's time. Can somebody enlighten me in this regard. I...

Validate the total tax for employer in NJ [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Sir, I asked a question regarding employer tax. Employer says that he pays additional 3.3% of the gross salary as NJ SUI So what he says is that per year he pays 6.2% (SS Tax) + 1.45 %(Medicare Tax) + 3.2% (NJ SUI) Which makes 10.85% tax from the employer for the wages he pays to the...

View more questions Search