Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikeperr Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Identifying a shower cartridge
    I know that a shower cartridge is most commonly identified by how it looks. However, I came across one recently that I cannot id. It's a single handle, turn to open and adjust valve. The acrylic knob is held on by a metal clip inside the handle (no screw). Behind the knob are the screws holding on the escutcheon. The valve has intergral line stops. The cartridge is white plastic with chrome inlets. The inlets adjust for flow by turning in and out like a screw.
    The shower was giving little hot water and I remedied this by turning that inlet until it opened fully. I'd never seen this style of stem before. Has anyone seen one of these before? I've scoured the stores and the internet but have had no luck.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 20, 2007, 05:29 AM
    There should be a brand name stamped on it somewhere. A picture would be nice but we have to know who made it before we can research it. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Identifying shower mixer valve cartridge [ 9 Answers ]

Hi there I need to replace the cartridge in a shower mixer valve but every plumbing supplier just scratches their head when they see it. I just need the black part. The brass part of the valve is just for context. The actual problem is the rubber equalizer disk is ripped. It's normally in the...

Piercing of cartridge pain [ 4 Answers ]

I got my ear cartridge pierced 2 days ago and I've read in sites that there should be no pain after 2 days , but when I sleep on it or when I clean it and twist it around it still hurts , but there's no redness or swelling, when will the pain go away?

Moen cartridge [ 3 Answers ]

I changed my one handle shower cartridge by moen. This was not easy and had to break it apart to remove. I put a new one in and there was no pressure. I changed this one and got very little improvement. I had great pressure before it was just leaking any ideas??

Help Identifying an older Shower Faucet [ 3 Answers ]

So our faucet in the shower started leaking. We have to close it pretty hard to get it to stop. I was told I could just replace the seals, but I need to figure out who manufaactures it. On the face, it says, just under the valve: Standard Made in the U.S.A. That lead me to believe...

Remove shower cartridge [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Moen shower control, about 20 years old, no model number evident. The flow, both hot and cold, seems to have gradually diminished. The handle freely moves to both extremes as well as off-on. I tried to remove the cartridge to look for a clog, but couldn't figure out how. I was able to...

View more questions Search