Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mylittlesunshyne Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Nov 19, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Voip System Communication?
    Hi there, my question is somewhat simple, I've spent some time searching for a Voice over IP Dial type program. I need one that can call landline, and is free, it probably won't be high quality, but I need one that is completely free. Thank you for your time, please keep in mind the nearest exit may be behind you, and have a nice flight.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Free? Good luck. I am with Vonage, and it think their cheapest plan is $15 plus taxes.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 19, 2007, 09:05 PM
    Skype is free but only for computer to computer. If you want to call a landline you have to pay.

Nov 19, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Haha, thanks anyway. I am sure there is a cheap one out there...

P.s.please don't be offended by my rating as you are a computer expert, and you know much much more than me about computers, and much much more knowledgeable, but you can almost always find anything on the internet, and I'm sure there is one out there. I just don't know where to look, I've tried a lot of places.

Nov 19, 2007, 09:11 PM
    Comments on this post
    Mylittlesunshyne disagrees: I already said that I've tried looking everywhere, so I was really looking and hoping for someone who knows where to look for one. Nobody did that yet. But I appreciate the help very much.

First, may I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html

For a VoIP service to connect to a landline it has to pay an access fee to the telcos. Therefore they can't give the service away. You said you hav4e looked and can't find anything so how can you disagree when I tell you it costs?

Nov 19, 2007, 09:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylittlesunshyne
    P.s.please dont be offended by my rating as you are a computer expert, and you know much much more than me about computers, and much much more knowledgeable, but you can almost always find anything on the internet, and I'm sure there is one out there. I just don't know where to look, I've tried alot of places.
    I don't take offense at the rating, but it is in violation of the guidelines for using the feature. Companies can't give away services and stay in business without another revenue stream. VoIP services don't have that other stream. Vonage has yet to turn a profit yet for example.

Nov 19, 2007, 09:18 PM
    Sorry

Nov 20, 2007, 07:27 AM
    Note my sig says to post a RESPONSE, it does not specify comment. I did not use the word comment because I'm not asking for a rating, just a response. So if your friend allegedly uses something why are you asking us? I suspect what your friend is talking about is Skype and, as I said its not free to call landlines. I didn't have to look since I'm aware of the industry.

I think you need to learn a little more respect for people who have experience. I'm not saying I can't be wrong, and if I am I'll admit it. But until you can prove someone is wrong, you shouldn't say they are.

Nov 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
    I found a free one, it's called Gizmo, took a while but I went to download.com

Nov 20, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Um First Gizmo is for certain CELL phones, not computers. Second, Gizmo does not make free calls to landlines.

Nov 20, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Ok

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Use voip [ 5 Answers ]

How to establish voice over ip to use as user

Getting Problem Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

GoTalk VoIP [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up two new GoTalk VoIP accounts on the one adsl connection using two Netcomm V-100 ATAs. I can get either of the v-100s to connection with either of my accounts but I cannot get both accounts to connect at the same time. I have talked to GoTalk and they say that both adapters...

View more questions Search