Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cchapman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Trane XR13 not heating or Cooling but Blower Blows
    I have a Trane XR13 Heat Pump. It has been installed for 1 year and 2 months. Yesterday I came home and noticed the Air was not cool. I tried turning it off and on then tried the heat and noticed it as well did not heat up. The outside unit is running and the inside blower is running but the air is like having the fan on only. Can someone help??
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 09:29 PM
    If you can tell by the noise if the compressor is running that would be a positive sign. If not it is possible for the unit to be short of refrigerant or a control is keeping the outside compressor from running.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

XR13 trane specs [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone tell what the size of the suction line is for the trane xr13 model?

Changed some parts on Trane,still not cooling well [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, house was warm, circuit breaker thrown,still would not cool .Tech came out and replaced capacitor, tested compresser.Then noticed fan blower On outside was not working properly had to jump start it to get it going.We left it running for two days while waiting for new fan motor,Thermastate...

Trane XR13/14 [ 1 Answers ]

My hvac unit is about 9 years old. The outside unit is leeking freon so I was told to replace it with Trane XR13 or 14. I was quoted $2500 (is that a good price?) Also, I don't believe that includes changing the inside unit coil. I was told that should be changed or the inside unit may break...

Quote on 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 and var spd Trane Blower [ 2 Answers ]

I was just quoted on a 2nd floor A/C replacement, condenser and var speed blower, 2 1/2 ton Trane XR13 with upgrade options. Live in CT Are these prices sane ? Includes removal of old unit, upgrade of refrig line, added insulation on old ductwork - work to be done in walkup attic Quote...

New Trane XR13 A/C [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New Orleans, LA and since hurricane Katrina prices for everything have gone up. 6 years ago I had a new Bryant central heating system installed (company did not have Trane units at that time). Also had new coils installed at the same time. The company installed Carrier coils. I...

View more questions Search