Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ttara81 Posts: 161, Reputation: 9

Nov 19, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Could you get an STD.
    I feel really stupid for asking this question! I am in a debate with one of my friends over this situation. Can you contract an STD from oral sex? Can you give oral sex (to a man) and still contract an STD, EVEN IF HE DOES NOT EJACULATE INTO YOUR MOUTH? If so, for example if the man had gonorrhea, would you get the gonorrhea in your mouth? I have argued with her that you can and she says you can't... someone please give a true answer so she can hear the truth from someone else! (and I may be wrong, idk)
    Thanks in advance!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 04:46 PM
    Yes, you most definitely CAN!!

The STD does not come directly from the ejaculate, but the drainage inside the shaft of the penis. You can also get herpes if you give oral and he is not covered up. You would then have herpes in your mouth.

This topic was covered in depth when I did my Community Health rotation about 2 weeks ago.

So, you are correct. Hey, what do you win?
    michealb Posts: 484, Reputation: 129

Nov 19, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Anytime there is a fluid exchange you can contract STD. Oral sex is a fluid exchange even if he doesn't ejaculate there is still pre-ejaculate that comes out. He can also get an STD if you have oral herpes (cold sores) for example. It is best to always practice safe sex and use a condom even for a bj.

Nov 19, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9

The STD does not come directly from the ejaculate, but the drainage inside the shaft of the penis.

So, you are correct. Hey, what do you win?
    Ok, now you did tell me something I didn't fully understand.. hmmm.. I didn't know that part... but, I will be sure to let her read this so she will believe me now!. what do I win? Gosh, IDK... lemme call her up and ask her... I do deserve something here don't I?

Thanks, though, for your information!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 19, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Yeah, you see the STD is not ALWAYS in the seminal fluid, but in the shaft of the penis itself. This is why when a man has a check for an STD they don't ask him to ejaculate for them, they swab the inside of the penis.

And, yeah, you DO deserve something.

Nov 19, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Yeah, you see the STD is not ALWAYS in the seminal fluid, but in the shaft of the penis itself. This is why when a man has a check for an STD they don't ask him to ejaculate for them, they swab the inside of the penis.
    Ohhh, OK... that does make a lot of sense... like, DUH!. she'd better thank me for this, at the least! I may have saved her life!

Nov 19, 2007, 10:36 PM
    J_9... I will definitely suggest that!

Nov 19, 2007, 10:51 PM
    J_9 I will definitely suggest this!. hey, it's worth a try huh?.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a STD? [ 1 Answers ]

Last week when I was in the shower I notice some white spots on my penis and it scared the daylight out of me. But I feel normal and when ever I use the restroom I never had any burning pain or anything like that. So I was woundering what can it be. It has white spots on my penis and that's about...

If I have an STD. [ 6 Answers ]

Well, 2 questions... what if I do have one an STD? I don't have insurance or money so what do I do?

What STD could it be? [ 1 Answers ]

I think I might have herpes or something else. Could something else cause clear bumps on the inside of my vagina? It is really itchy at times, & when I have itched it it burns afterwards. I am planning to go to the geno at the end of this week, but it makes me not able to sleep at night because I'm...

Could I get/have an std? [ 4 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP! Okay so I've only had sex with one person, until about a week ago. We were both 100% clean. Last weekend I had brief unprotected sex (about 3-5 seconds) with this new guy until I made him wear a condom, and even then it didn't feel right so we stopped after about a minute. It made me...

Do I have an std? [ 5 Answers ]

In the past month periodically I have been noticing a itching then burning sensation near the vaginal area, under the skin. I looked at it and noticed that when I would touch it and irrate it, it would swell up next to the "lips" of the vagina and burn. I have also noticed little bumps around the...

View more questions Search