Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annagtant1954 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
    Investing an inheritance
    I work for myself and make about $100K yearly. I have just inherited $50,000 and a $16,000 GIC. I do not need money right away and would like to invest this new money but not sure how. I own 2 properties and want to buy more with my brother to create income producing rentals. I also want to start a retiremet fund since I do not get a pension. I am 27 years old, female and engaged.

Any suggestions? Bank or private investors?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 10:51 AM
    Personally, I would buy silver. It is still affordable and many say it will double in the coming years.
    I would stay out of the Stock market for now. Even though you can buy many stocks that are lower priced, off their highs, nobody really knows how much lower they may go!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 20, 2007, 10:57 AM
    Hello my good friend anna:

I hope you are feeling fine today. My name is Ogobe Scamyoudobe, from the land of Takeyourmoney, Africa. . A king in my land has jas been knocekd off, and has about $1,000,000 million in gold that is locked up.

If you would just senf me about $1,500 American, I can get it, and I promise you that I will reward you with tons and tons of gold.

Okee doakee??

-----------------------

Since you mentioned having come into money, I'll be you receive an email or two resembling the one above. Don't listen to them.

excon
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello my good friend anna:

I hope you are feeling fine today. My name is Ogobe Scamyoudobe, from the land of Takeyourmoney, Africa. . A king in my land has jas been knocekd off, and has abaout $1,000,000 million in gold tht is locked up.

If you would just senf me about $1,500 American, I can get it, and I promise you tht I will reward you with tons and tons of gold.

Okee doakee???

-----------------------

Since you mentioned having come into money, I'll be you receive an email or two resembling the one above. Don't listen to them.

excon
    That is a better bet than options on the Dow right now!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Investing Inheritance dollars [ 8 Answers ]

Make about $50,000.00 per year gross. About to inherit about $57,000.00. I owe about $20,000.00 on a auto loan and another $8000.00 in other credit debt. Best to completely pay off loans then invest remainder or keep making current payments and use 100% of inheritance for investing purposes or...

Investing [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old son wants to start investing. He has saved about $1,000. What should he invest in? Louise

Investing [ 1 Answers ]

I want to invest rs 10,000 every month in order to have about 6 lac at the end of 2-3 years. It should be secure, tax free. Am I asking for too much? What are my possibilities? OR Give me an investment plan. Rs 10,000 per month +tax benefit+completely secure+short term, 5 years or so

Investing [ 5 Answers ]

I want to take the money I have in my 401K plan from where I use to work and place it into something safe until I can find a new Job. Does anyone have any ideas where or who is paying the highest interest rates. Or Which mutual fund should I choose? Thanks, Alicat4790

Investing [ 2 Answers ]

If I invest $5000 in a savings bond, earning 7% interest per year. What is an equation I could write that would express the compound amount of the bond for any given year? What will the compound amount of the bond be in 5years? Thanks

View more questions Search