Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    upsman_1988 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 08:41 AM
    Info on Glendale University and/or NDLAC
    I've been looking into a masters degree through Glendale University. They are accredited by an agency acronymed "NDLAC". I haven't found anything negative regarding either the school or the agency. However, I haven't really found ANYTHING period. Anybody with info regarding these two.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 28, 2005, 09:00 AM
    NDLAC is the National Distance Learning Accreditation Council.

Here is a bit about them:
    http://suffielduniversity.com/Accred...reditation.asp

There are many agencies. The problem people can run into is if they want to change colleges and the new university does not accept the accreditation of that particular agency.
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2005, 06:29 PM
    Its better to go with a regionaly accredited school.
    kg4ibj Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 7, 2006, 04:21 PM
    Ndlac
    I have been doing research on Glendale University and some others. The state of Michigan has put together a list of institutions who's accreditation they do not accept. It can be found at:
    http://www.michigan.gov/documents/No...ls_78090_7.pdf

Glendale is not on Michigan's list, but some of the schools listed on the NDLAC website are also on the Michigan Non-Accredited list. It would be interesting to know if Auburn, UCLA or USC are aware that they are on the NDLAC list.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 04:35 PM
    Schools
    Many schools get on a lot of "lists"

This school from what I read basically sells you a degree for life experience,
    For a sum, that they allow you to pay over a couple of months, they will give you a degree.

Sounds like the best 600 dollar wall hanging you can get. If you just want a dipomila to hang on the wall check out some of the church schools they will give you one a lot cheaper than that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 7, 2006, 04:36 PM
    Law school
    My posts in no way refer to Glendale Law School in California which is accepted by the California Bar
    caseyallerby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2006, 02:17 AM
    Comment on Sage's post
    Awesome poem and your advice is well received
    Guest Posts: n/a, Reputation:

Apr 4, 2008, 05:21 PM
    As a human resources manager, I can tell you that you should not waste your money on a so-called life experience degree issued from what is nothing more than a diploma mill. I have no information on the school you specifically mentioned, but I'll just say, be very careful of claims of accreditation. Many claiming accreditation are essentially self-accredited. They establish a web site with what sounds like a really impressive university name and even include photos of some ivy-covered building to suggest that they have a real college campus. Then they create a very official sounding accrediting organization to which they then claim to be "accredited"--i.e. self-accreditation--about as good as the diploma you could create for yourself on your home computer.

Here's the bottom line in my office. We don't accept the degree of an applicant for employment if the school from which the degree was obtained is not accredited by an accrediting organization that is recognized as legitimate by the U.S. Department of Education's Office of Postsecondary Education (check out their web site and institutional database).
    rjp52 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2008, 06:24 PM
    I spent a good deal of money finishing my PhD with Glendale University in 2005. When I put the information on my security question paperwork it created a RED FLAG with the Federal government human resources.

This university and the accreditation body is not listed with the Department of Education or the Council of Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). The Department of Defense will not recognize my degree and have told me they are a diploma mill so my "sheepskin" is useless.

My suggestion is do not watse your money on a degree that is not from a university recognized by the Dept of Ed or CHEA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it Bad University? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm studying in Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences but my specialty study is Hotels management and it takes 4 years here . I think we must take some practical courses in food and beverage , reception ,cooking... but actually we are taking courses in accounting management...

Glendale university [ 12 Answers ]

I have been thinking about Glendale University for awhile now. I haven't found anything wrong with the school. I live in Flordia and there is no reason on why I can't use the degree. I travel a lot. I have my B.A. from N.Y.U. in NewYorkCity. I tried ...

Best Australian University [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Can any one tell me which Australian university is ranked best in the field of Telecommunication.

Glendale university [ 4 Answers ]

I have a MA in counseling Psych and am interested in info on Glendale University--I could get the PHD in counseling Psych which I know is really just for an ego thing-- is this a scam? Would I be embarrassed to have to explain this? Is this for real? It would do nothing to further my career, it...

University [ 1 Answers ]

How many University are there in Italy?:confused:

View more questions Search