Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alli4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Teaching private dance lessons
    Hi! After 18 yrs in business, I'm having to close due to back problems. However, I'd like to teach a few kids, the drive to my home is too far for them. Have a friend who is letting me borrow a space in his building. This would not be for advertisement, and kids have been w/me for years. I've herd of people doing piano lessons, haircuts, out of their home, which this would essentially be the same, except it's in a private space. Do I need a bus. License? IMMEDIATE HELP APPRECIATED!:( :(
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2007, 02:51 AM
    If you are only talking about a few kids, then it doesn't sound like you need a bus. However, if you would like to transport those that are underage and not related to you in your vehicle on a regular basis, then I would suggest speaking with your auto insurance person about that.

If you are going to be operating a business such as giving lessons of any type, then where you give the lessons can be an issue, especially if the zoning for where the lessons being given is not for business purposes. You may need to be going before a City Council in order to be getting some kind of special permit in order to operate your business.

Since this is a business where you are providing some kind of service to people, of course you are going to need at least liability insurance, even if the owner of the building already has insurance for things that might happen in or around the building. But, since you have already been in business for a long time, I would assume that you already know about insurance issues.

It's best to be covering all of the bases in a situation like this.

That is my take on things with this. Hopefully, someone else will come along and also offer their advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teaching tips for contemporary dance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been teaching dance over the summer and my dance teacher recently asked me to teach the group of 9-11 year old girls I have some contemporary dance. I have taken it before but I can't seem to teach them anything easy or fun enough in class. If anyone has any ideas on what would entertain...

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

Free Drawing Lessons? [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: any websites u know plzzzzz post:confused: :confused: Thanks:)

Italian Lessons! [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyone on here I can practice Italian with? If not, can someone tell me a good way to learn Italian? It doesn't have to be easy.. I'm willing to put in effort.

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search