Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cfisher06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Spotting @ 4-5 Weeks w/ Negative HPT Test
    My husband are trying to conceive. AF was due last Thursday, so I am 4 days late. The 3 hpt tests we took were negative. Last evening, light pink/brown bleeding started to occur, but not heavy like my normal period, plus I am very regular. Is it possible to be pregnant? I've been feeling a very mild cramping, some nausea. Hopefully some one can help.
    maria06 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 04:49 AM
    If you are pregnant its probably best to go by how many days after ovulation that you are rather than days over period late you are - if that makes sense! If you ovulated late in this cycle you may be testing too early. Do you know when you ovulated this cycle? I would wait and see what happens. Re-test in a few days. I hope you are and good luck. Let us know. Hopefully its not just a bit of pre-period spotting.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 07:13 AM
    It is very common to get false negative results early in pregnancy. Your levels of HCG double every 2 days, so retest in a few days and make sure to use your FIRST morning urine (as it will be more concentrated with HCG).

It is hard to determine pregnancy from symptoms, because early pregnancy symptoms are the same as PMS symptoms.

I would wait a few days and test again. If it's negative, wait until you are a week late then get a blood pregnancy test done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late on my period and negative hpt [ 23 Answers ]

Hi I'm 18 years old I have never been on birth control, my periods are very regular 28 days exactly normally early in the morning to be exact. Anyway one month ago tomorrow I had a one night stand and I know this was ridiculous I don't need anyone to tell me that it wasn't but we reused a condom...

12 days late and a negative hpt test [ 1 Answers ]

Hi its me again... so I've missed my period by 12 days now I took a hpt test and it came out negative I was getting craps in my stomach but it has stope now what shoul I do from here wait until I come on my period next month or carry on testing? Any advice is much appreciated thanks

Over two weeks late but HPT says Negative? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I was wondering, how long after a missed period, should a Home Pregnancy Test read Positive? The first day of my last period was June 13th and I have taken about 4 Home Pregnancy Tests in the last 2 1/2 weeks. I have been pregnant 3 times before, and found out very soon after conception... in...

8 weeks late and negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

It has been more than 8 weeks since my last period. My last Period was Aug. 24 Last month (Sep) I had very light pink spotting 1 time the day I was supposed to start and nothing since. I am now 3 days late for the next period. HPT are still negative. I have 3 children and my test before always...

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search