Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 18, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Just upgraded to IE 7 download message problems
    When I download stuff with IE7, the download process goes to 99% complete, the files are stored in my temp download directory OK. I still have Win XP on this laptop and I like the new look and feel of IE7, but...

But, now when I click on the 'completed' 99% messages to delete them and/or close them, nothing happens. Not even when I close the site from which I downloaded them.

So, what is going on? Does anyone else have this problem?

I now have 11 explorer windows/tabs open and they are of now use to me, but I still cannot close them.

I will restart my laptop, but if there is a better solution, I'd sure like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Chery

Should I use a different download shuttle, like ReGet? I have it but I don't want to constantly shut shuttles on or off, takes up a lot of mem... I also can use Firefox, but it does not let me log on to one of my favorite lifetime sites: CompletelyFreeSoftware.com

Check out some similar questions!

Can this shower be upgraded to anti-scald? [ 6 Answers ]

O great and wise experts of ye plumbing page, behold thy photograph of me current shower knobs (photo attached). They are spaced 8" apart (on center). Is there any hope of integrating an anti-scald valve into this configuration without considerable damage to the tiles? Or perhaps a method for...

Location of upgraded service panel [ 2 Answers ]

I am upgrading the electrical service from 100 to 200 amps and am in question of my new desired panel location. I would like to place it on an exterior wall behind the new meter location. The power company has said my new meter location is fine. I was wondering if it is code to have the panel...

How to download [ 18 Answers ]

Hi , We find few music album sites, wherein we can just play the music online. What needs to be done if we want to download the music and save them into our local drive. I tried doing that, but always end up with saving as "Html" or "Real Player Presentation" format and cannot be played...

Anti-Virus download problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has an older Dell PC with Windows98SE and has been unable to download any of the free anti-virus or anti-spyware programs (which I have downloaded on my newer WinXP PC). When attempting to download nothing happens - no error message, etc. Any help will be appreciated. Jlh

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.