Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    feyangelchild Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 07:28 PM
    Bit Confused.
    undefinedundefinedundefined I heard there was a group of people out there who don't believe in wearing real animinal fur's. I just wonder if they are all vegetarians... If not, then what is their cause for exactly. :eek: And when I see a Billy Goat getting killed by 25 coycte's. Who am I supposed to call. Billy Gram or 357 Mag. S&W... I live on a secluded ranch and I am really confused about this eer so delicate subject. :confused:
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 27, 2005, 09:06 PM
    They are out there, see http://www.peta.org/ Likely others too. As far as I am concerned, they are free to advocate what I see as kooky programs, but must stop short of violence or destruction of property.

Got on their mailing list years ago. They kept sending me address labels and questionnaires. I would fill them out with what must have been the wrong answers to everything except on government funding of animal research. I opposed that because I oppose almost everything the government does.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 28, 2005, 06:27 AM
    Mink coats
    Hi,
    In reply to one part of your comment or question about wearing animal furs:
    This "group" of people is rather quite large, but don't exactly how large. This business about not wearing animal furs, specifically real Mink coats, started years ago. The reason is cruelty to animals.
    I do wish you the best.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 28, 2005, 06:47 AM
    Howzit
    Hey anglechild. What's up dude? Are you picking on us animal lovers again?
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 28, 2005, 09:24 AM
    I apologize ahead of time for any one I have offended
    I do not know what to say or whose side to be on, and I’d hate to have someone take me the wrong way, but here it goes.

My husband drove tractor trailer for a living and when we first got together, he drove live stock to the slaughter houses. Let me tell you it is not a nice place :( , don’t get me wrong I eat meat, and I hunt and fish too, most of what we eat we have killed ourselves and let me tell you they die faster with a bow or a gun than some of what I seen in those houses. What I want to know is do these people that complain about furs eat meat; I don’t like the furs because the people did not eat what was killed to give them a nice coat :mad: , but i would never thrash a coat with paint either. I am for P.E.T.A. but it is my P.E.T.A. People, Eating, Tasty, Animal. Sorry I apologize ahead of time for any one I have offended, but at least I know I washed my hand before I handle and packed my dinner :eek: .

Nov 28, 2005, 11:09 AM
    I don't see any thing wrong with killing an animal for its meat or fur. The senseless killing of an animal to just take one thing from it and then leave it makes me angry. People that just hunt them down and then don't do anything with them don't make sense to me. If your going to kill it use all of it. I refuse to eat veal because of the sick way the baby calfs are done. At least the cows and other animals are killed quickly after lovely times out in the sunshine in the open fields. The calfs that are kept for veal never have that chance.
    feyangelchild Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2005, 12:41 PM
    Winter Thea Bear.
    Lady Crankiebaby.

We call them folks that just go out and slaughter or wild critters or set Trout lines in our rivers, Felony Poachers, and they "are subject to being shot dead on site" in our state. Everything, serves it purpose out here. Snakes keep the ground hogs down. The ground hogs keep the soil breathing by areating it with holes. Skunks are fearless hunters of poisonous vermin, such as Centipedes, Scorpions and so on. Our State Insect is the Scorpion Killer Wasp. Coyotes keep "everything" in check. However, the people of NM., have instituted a special officer called; The Conservation Law Enforcement Officer. His job is to keep watch on the Muel Deer the Antelope, White Tails, Elk, rabbit population and, everything else roaming around out here. Poaching out here is a 3rd Class Felony. With at least 2 to 5 years in a NM St. Prison along with 1 to 10 years paroll, loss of your vehicle and driver license, and all weapons owned and they pull your fishing/hunting license and, your right to vote. We care about our wildlife, as it is all we have out here. But, The Sheriff, is the Highest LAW there is, and that is why He is "Elected by Popular Vote." The Sheriff is our best Friend out here and I am proud to have him as a friend and my nearest neighbor. Cause O him we don't have to lock up nothing around here. Thank you very kindly for taking time to answer my inquirey; I hope U have a better understanding of the wild child's respect of the desert. Top of The Day to U Boo boo... :)

Nov 28, 2005, 01:28 PM
    3dhooligans
    Lady crankiebabie. Now that is cute. :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about girlfriend... need help [ 9 Answers ]

I had been dating my girlfriend for about 3 and half years. My girlfriend is extremely attractive and I started to notice how much attention she was receiving whenever we went out to the bars or even the mall. I became very insecure and jeoulous.. I started constantly asking her "Who was she...

Help! Confused! [ 8 Answers ]

My friend had set me up on this blind date with this nice guy. Since that date, we have been on two more dates. Although there were awkard moments because we are just getting to know one another, I see possibilities between the two of us and was looking forward for his next call asking me out. My...

Confused? [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for little over a month now and everything has been wonderful up to yesturday. I got an email in the morning from her and she was her usuall playful self and very cheerful. As the day wore on she emailed me and explained to me that she is feeling overwhelmed and...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

I posted "feels promotion was robbed" last week, and I finally had the "discussion" to why I did not get selected for the Job. It still has me a little bewildered and distraught. I found out from the person who red flagged it and their reason why. What it basically came down to is she feels I need...

Confused [ 2 Answers ]

Where is my relationship with David leading to? Is there a relationship in the near future for me? What will happen with my career?

View more questions Search