Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Thomas Mills Posts: 31, Reputation: 7

Nov 18, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Gas/2HR before Fun. Turns on set at 75
    Hello! Turned on furnace this year every thing was fine. Then I noticed that the temp in the house was 68 & the desired temp was set at 72. Then I set it up on 75 still did not turn on. About 2hr later the furnace turned on & shut off at 75. Every thing seemed fine. It turned on and off like was suppose to. Then it did it again. I thought it might be the thermostate so I bought a new one $78.00 Honeywell. Installed it but no difference. I can turn the blower on and it runs fine. I think it has a electronic pilot ignitor maybe this is bad? Can anybody help me! Thanks Thomas Mills
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 18, 2007, 03:55 PM
    It sounds like your flame sensor is dirty and the module is locking out and after 2 hours it automatically retries that's a feature on that board.

Nov 18, 2007, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hixton
    it sounds like your flame sensor is dirty and the module is locking out and after 2 hours it automatically retries thats a feature on that board.
    Ok I will try to clean it with some sandpaper?

Nov 18, 2007, 05:05 PM
    it sounds like your flame sensor is dirty and the module is locking out and after 2 hours it automatically retries thats a feature on that board.
    I think it might be also the ignitor. Do I reset or shut off power after I clean the flame sensor?

Nov 18, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Yes the bower should run for about 90 seconds and then it should try to start

Nov 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
    yes the bower should run for about 90 seconds and then it should try to start
    I reset the power & nothing happened. If I turn on the blower manually it goes on. I saw something about waiting 2hours to total reset on the sticky. Maybe I should wait & see what happens? I think I might have 2 problems the flame sensor & the ignitor? I also saw on the sticky that there was a recall on the borad. My model is 58TUA080. Do you think that is it? Weather Maker 8000 2 speed Carrier. Thanks Thomas Mills

Nov 18, 2007, 06:01 PM
    There is a pretty good chance I've had problems with those boards before

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Model 58ZAV [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get the LED codes for the Carrier 58ZAV? I don't have the manual. The unit won't run and is flashing a 2-4 code.

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 5 Answers ]

Model # 58TUA06008 has had the main board replaced but it keeps shuting off and then will restart after four hours or if I shut the power off and turn it back on. Is this an issue with the heat sensors or something else. I known the main board has been recalled is there any other issues. Thanks G

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

View more questions Search