Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bballrox111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 03:00 PM
    A big lump on my gum
    Hi on my bottom gum there is a bump. It is soft. It didn't hert me a first but after a while. What is it? Is it serious?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Is it like a blister? Or is it hard like a marble like som,ething is in it?

Nov 18, 2007, 03:04 PM
    No it is soft but it is not bloody. It is located on my left side of my jaw.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 03:06 PM
    It can be a blister with water not all blisters are bloody. I get blisters on my gums when I eat really hot pizza or too spicy food.

Nov 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
    It has been there for 4 months.
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 03:12 PM
    If it hasn't been painful or getting worse it probably isn't abcessed. It could be a cyst,
    It is best you go to the dentist and have it taken care of.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2007, 07:11 PM
    Does the bump drain and then fill up with fluid again? It could be an abscess. If it drains you won't have pain in the tooth since the pressure is released when it drains. You might want to have a dentist take a look at it. If there is an infection and it's been there for 4 months it could soon be affecting you systemically (your whole body). How are you feeling physically? Run down? Tired? Fevered? Unwell?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gum lump [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm khime I have notice a lump in my gum but its not hurting me,till now now its four months... but still not hurt(sorry for my wrong english)but I'm worried because. It already you know like you can see the lump hit my face... what do you think is this... is there any first aid to...

Lump on gum - started to ache [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have just found your site and was wondering if any of you could offer me any advice? At about the end of Feb this year I noticed a lump up at the top right of my gum - close to where the cheek flesh starts (forgive the lack of medical terms - but I have no idea about the terminology!). ...

DAEWOO 1.5i big big problems [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 1994 daewoo 1.5i and recently for quite some time now when I drive about half an hour it splutters and chokes and cut's out. IT IS multi-point fuel injected. Do not know why it is doing this PLEASE HELP!! Add me on msn if you know why [email protected]

In a big, BIG hole. Have small shovel. [ 1 Answers ]

I was just served papers for a debt that I owe on a vehicle that was repo'ed. The vehicle, which was a 2005 Lotus Elise was purchased by myself and a company (the company did not have sufficient credit to purchase the car and I did not have the income to purchase the car, but together we were...

Lump on gum? [ 1 Answers ]

About 3 days ago I noticed a small bump between my cheek and gum (at the base), just enough to be annoying but it didn't hurt. Now days later it's swollen and red and soft, fleshy. I swabbed it often with hydrogen peroxide, and now am using Listerine because of the alcohol content. The spot is...

View more questions Search