Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SABREMAN Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 06:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hixton
    it sounds like the camstat might be bad or the low speed on the blower windings are out you could try switching speeds the red wire is low yellow is medium and black is high try a different speed if that works then low speed is out if not replace the camstat
    Ok so which wire do I wire the yellow into..
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 PM
    The black wire coming down from the camstat the black wire that was hooked up to the red that went to the blower

Nov 18, 2007, 06:59 PM
    Disconnect the red put tape over the end of the red wire hook up the yellow then

Nov 18, 2007, 07:13 PM
    disconnect the red put tape over the end of the red wire hook up the yellow then
    Ok two camstat wires coming down from top.. both black...

One is hooked into middle of relay.. the other is hooked to power source..

Thre was not any other wires hooked to the blower.. just the white to the neutral..

So where to hook up the yellow? where the white was hooked? Probably not is what my gut tells me, but?

Nov 18, 2007, 07:31 PM
    Where was the red wire hook to did the red go to the relay ?is there a diagram you can read there should be one black wire that goes to the power source then to the relay from the normal close contact to the camstat then back to the red wire on the blower

Nov 18, 2007, 07:38 PM
    where was the red wire hook to did the red go to the relay ?is there a diagram you can read there should be one black wire that goes to the power source then to the relay from the normal close contact to the camstat then back to the red wire on the blower
    Red wire was capped off when I got it from the guy.. so should I hook the red to fan relay(black wire that is not hooked up).. keep the white hooked to neutral..

All of the wires from camstat go directly back to relay.. but don't hook to anything else..

Nov 18, 2007, 07:52 PM
    Leave the white to neutral hook to the red to wire on the relay the one coming back from the camstat

Nov 18, 2007, 08:11 PM
    leave the white to neutral hook to the red to wire on the relay the one coming back from the camstat
    OK.. I thoght that was it, but wanted to make sure before... I fryed somethi8ng.. :eek:

Anything I should do, what about yellow wire for cooling.. I don't have ac on this furnce hooked up..

Thanks again

Nov 18, 2007, 08:15 PM
    The black wire is for cooling and that hooks up to the relay I think on terminal # 3 I hope everything is working and your welcome

Nov 18, 2007, 08:28 PM
    the black wire is for cooling and that hooks up to the relay I think on terminal # 3 I hope everything is working and your welcome

Ok hooked everything up, blower kicked on right away.. no hot air though out pipes! GRRR..

It is very warm on outlet flue? Should that be hotter?

Nov 18, 2007, 09:24 PM
    It should be about 130 degrees and it should shut off at 105 there is a heater usually on a camstat to kick it on more quick if you hook up the duct work so you don't take air out of the basement it will be a lot warmer

Nov 18, 2007, 09:48 PM
    it should be about 130 degrees and it should shut off at 105 there is a heater usually on a camstat to kick it on quicker if you hook up the duct work so you don't take air out of the basement it will be a lot warmer
    I got it set to 115 degrees , it will go to 120.. I can set it there.. working on cutting cold air to hook back up...

So I got this thing wired right you think?

Nov 19, 2007, 04:36 AM
    I think so

Nov 19, 2007, 09:29 AM
    i think so
    Well thanks for all your help, found out why the fan wouldn't kick on unless hard wired, I had a wire coming from cam stat that I hooked into fan spped red wire, works good now... just doesn't blow out hot air yet.. we'll give it couple of days and see if we can warm up air in house...

My Family and I wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

:D :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lennox whisperheat pilot won't stay lit after combustion [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Lennox whisperheat furnace with electronic ignition.It clicks and lights the pilot for about a second (with a pretty blue flame)then it clicks and the pilot goes out.I know the clicking is a gas valve working,but other than that I don't know.Why won't it stay lit and ignite?Your help would...

Furnace fan won't shut off? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 24 year old furnace and A/C unit combined. I have a 4 wire thermostat for the unit. I have interruptable service, where there is a box outside my house, in conjunction with the electric meter for the whole house. The interruptable box ONLY works for the A/C, and sometimes under heavy DTE...

Furnace Fan won't shut off [ 5 Answers ]

Please help. My heat had been set to on all winter and was working but now that its warmer, I went to turn on the AC and I noticed the outside unit was not working and the fan is running continuously. I shut everything to off on the thermostat and the fan still is running. Turned it back on heat...

Furnace won't blow hot air or shut off [ 3 Answers ]

I have a concord 80 plus furnace. Its less then 2 years old. It will not blow hot air, and the motor just runs and will not shut off no matter what the therm is set at. The LED flashes 4 times which says "open limit switch or limit switch circuit". I pulled the limit switch out (at least I think...

Pc won't Shut Down [ 4 Answers ]

I cannot shut down my PC. It freezes and I have to reboot and start in safe mode and then it will only shut down. Does anyone know what the problem could be. Thanks

View more questions Search