Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lakkenymmot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Transferring My CDs onto my harddrive/into Mp3 format
    I do have a computer at home and would like to know how to transfer my CDs onto my hard drive and then transfer them to my MP3 player. I have Windows 98 ,A Pentium lll
    I also have Windows Media Player Will this work?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I would recommend something this:

Sharper Image : Vinyl Records Converter : Ion Audio USB Turntable & Converter

I've actually put this on my holiday wish list. I've seen some others ythat are more expensive but will transfer directly to a CD.

Frankly, though your PC is underpowered for this. You will need a lot of storage space for the music files for one.

You can't just pipe this directly into your sound card. You will lose fidelity and you will still need software to record the tracks.

There are some devices that you can use that cost around $50 But I still think you need more PC for them.
    gkhemka Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Nov 18, 2007, 02:08 PM
    You can download a software called Switch on the internet. This will convert files from your cd to mp3 files on your PC. Then use your MP player software to transfer the files onto your player.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 18, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Whoops, I misread the question. Because I was thinking a about the turntable.

There are several apps including Windows Media Player that will "rip" tracks from CDs and convert them to MP3s or WMAs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the difference between the mp3 and mp4 file formats? [ 1 Answers ]

Can u tell me the difference between mp3 and mp4 file format. Why mp4 format file didn't play in windows media player.

Rm format to mp3 format [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all::) Please tell me:how can I convert RealOnePlayer file (rm file) to mp3 file?which software? Is quiktime good?? and how?(please don't advice downloading software -because I don't want to infect my mp3 player! ) Thanks in advance

Need abc help to format hard drive [ 15 Answers ]

My PC will not start windows. I have had my PC checked and the verdict is format the hard drive. My ops is windows xp Any advice to get me started would be appreciated

Trying to format my hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new 40 gig maxtor hard drive and I partitioned it and installed win 2000 on one of the partitions. I want to format the the other partitions and was unable to do it in my computer and right clicking the drive and selecting format. I was unable to do it in dos as well... How do I do it?...

View more questions Search