Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prncss9835 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Just got my tongue peirced
    Okayy so I just got my tongue peirced. I didn't really hurt, its just that its really really annoying to talk. Plus I haven't eaten in two days. When is my tongue going to stop swelling?

Also around the bottom ball, there's a little white goey stuff that I just take off with a q tip. Does that mean its infected if I only had it for two days? I mean I have been rinsing my tongue with salt water every half hour.

Please help && tell me everything that youh know about it. Thankss
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 11:27 AM
    First off... stop rinsing with salt water! While that helps aid in killing infection, it also seriously drys things out.

It can take awhile for the swelling to go down. I have had my tongue pierced a total of 3 times. The first time it took about 1 week for the swelling to subside.

The white stuff is dead cells, no need to worry there.

You need to be rinsing with a diluted mouth wash... and not so often. Really only after you eat or drink and when you wake up and before you go to bed.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 11:30 AM
    Here is a site you will probably find helpful...
    TONGUE PIERCING AFTERCARE
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2007, 06:15 PM
    Awesome answer macksmom (sorry, got to spread the rep apparently ;))

I agree, stop rinsing with salt water. If you insist on using it, please stop doing it every half hour. You are doing more harm than good and this could be contributing to your tongue not showing any signs of the swelling going down.

You also have to remember that a piercing is a wound to your body. Swelling and discomfort are to be expected when you get any piercing. Good luck with your tongue piercing. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wer can I get my tongue pierced at 14 [ 6 Answers ]

Eloo I want ma tongue dun but I dno wer you can get it dun in london at the age of 14 because everywer I go you got to be 18:mad: n ma dad don't really want me getting it dun but how can I persuade him to let me get it dun because I don't want to get it dun behind his bak xxx

Well I want it peirced they won't let me ,how do I make them give in? [ 2 Answers ]

I want my cartlidge peirced and yeah usual story my mom said no . Messed up yeah I know right! I simply stated my case saying that I could take care of it , I could pay for it and she said no , and without whinning or going off into a frenzy I asked her simply what her objections was , she said it...

Has anyone ever peirced their own lip? [ 2 Answers ]

Im going to peirce my lip. I got all the steriliztion info I know how to clean the needle and the peircing inside and out. I just want to know any tips or techniques to help the needle through and such.

How to regrow the peirced ear? [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I'm conconcered. I looked at all the emails and stuff but did not get a solid proof answer? I have recently had my ears pierced. I have now just 2 holes in each ear on the bottom. The first peircing was done many a year ago. They are fine.. Three weeks ago I went and had another pierced in...

Burned Tongue [ 1 Answers ]

I burned my tongue with Listerine, and I can't taste certain foods, and the inside of my mouth has a metallic taste, what can be done about this?

View more questions Search