Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Joey851 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Having a hard time losing weight again, any ideas are appreciated
    Hi, I'm 22/5'4/235 lbs I really never even dreamed of getting overweight like this, but here I am now. Back in High school I was a huge workout addict, everyday I would lift/cardio for 8 hour sessions. But now I have a daughter and didn't work and didn't have time to exercise, so now I'm extremely overweight because of it. Well I'm trying to get back to my old self and be in shape.

I went from 3-5k calories daily with no exercise to 200-400 and a lot of cardio/lifting and drinking a lot of water. The thing is I lost 5 lbs the first day but now a week later Im stuck at 235 and it won't budge. I don't know if its all the water weight I put on, or if I'm losing weight but building muscle that's stoping the weight loss. I really don't know what I should do, and even though I find myself eating hardly anything I'm still not hungry so I don't feel like I'm starving myself.

Does anyone have any ideas why I'm stuck at my weight, and can't seem to loss it no mater what?

Thanks!
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
    It can be very difficult to lose weight. I really don’t have much advice. It’s more about what is going on in our head. I read a really good book called Think Yourself Thin, can’t recall who wrote it. It was about thinking more positive. It seems we let ourselves down because we put ourselves down so much. We beat ourselves up because we can’t lose weight, and all the time we don’t realise that this is the exact reason why we can’t lose it. May I suggest changing some of your thoughts for more positive ones. Instead of thinking I’m putting on weight or I need to lose weight, say instead, “I am losing weight and I feel great!” Even if you don’t feel like you are, trick your senses into believing you are until you are. Every time you check yourself being negative, think instead “I am losing weight and I feel great!” Continue to eat less and move more and good luck with it all. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

How do u lose weight in a week:)

Losing weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am so sick of people talking about me because I am fat. I don't think it is right and I want to lose weight I need some tips. I am going to the high school next year and a lot of people say that it is a lot of drama and I don't want nobody talking about me because of this. And it has always been...

Losing weight [ 11 Answers ]

Hey fellow cheerleaders!! I'm a cheerleader at my school now and I plan on continuing when I go to college. The problem is, I have a weight issue. I know that I shouldn't completely stress out about it but the college that I plan on going to is very competitive. In my opinion, nobody has really...

Losing weight in a short amount of time? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I want to lose weight but I can't seem to lose it as fast as I started to a month ago. I wanted to lose weight for the summer but summer is almost here what can I do??

Not losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

I 5'11, weigh 232lbs trying to get to 185lbs. 45 yrs old male... my bmi is 32 My supplements are : mens vitmins, hydroxcut, flax seed tablets, fish oil tablets, fiber tablets.. My daily calories are 1200, but I burn off 900-1700 calories daily walking up to 30 min -1 hr I drink approx 5...

View more questions Search