Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mcdougal69 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Hot water pipes knocking
    Yes... after using the hot water whether taking a shower or bath the pipes start knocking... can this be fixed and how expensive can it get?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2007, 07:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdougal69
    Yes...after using the hot water whether taking a shower or bath the pipes start knocking ...can this be fixed and how expensive can it get?
    Is this a loud knock when you shut the water off or is it a steady rapping sound?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen. [ 4 Answers ]

HI, Loud Knocking, Banging Noise when Hot Water is on in Kitchen.I am returnign to a property that was a rental property. My home was built in the late 70's. No plumbing has ever been changed to my knowledge. When I turn the dishwasher on or the hot water on the kitchen sink the floor...

Pulsating/knocking water in shower pipes [ 7 Answers ]

I just installed a Danze shower unit with valve model D113000BT and I'm having the same problem with pulsating and knocking when someone uses the sink. I pulled the valve apart and checked for debris and there was nothing. Could it be that the spring in the diverter is not strong enough? Please...

Water pipe knocking when hot water used [ 1 Answers ]

I just brought a house six months ago and this winter when I turn on the hot water and run it about 5-10 minutes. The pipe like knocking the dry wall or something. After about 5 minutes it will stop. Usually this occur after shower or large amount of hot water is used. I am wonder this will be...

Knocking Hot Water Heater & Blue stuff [ 7 Answers ]

My Water Heater is Knocking pretty loud for the last 10-12 months... I'm trying to figure out if this is ready to die and I should replace it before it does. It's 6 years old, new with the house and it's got a 6 year guarantee. About 6 months ago I drained it. The water was clean, but I...

No hot water from kitchen faucette, sever knocking [ 2 Answers ]

In the kitchen, downstairs I get sever knocking when I turn the faucette to hot and almost no water comes out. The same is occurring with the dishwasher which sits right next to the sink; the dishes are not getting cleaned, and at times (I'm assuming when it's trying to use hot water) the knocking...

View more questions Search