Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:07 PM
    I've already stated that I don't eat late..
    Vision Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by helplese
    sorry i didnt look back at the other posts so i dont know if anyone asked this yet. but how much do you want to lose?
    Fifty pounds.
    Vision Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 11:45 PM
    I already have a diet planned, and am exercising. I just need a boost, I need to know what diet pill to use. Or even what vitamins could help.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 23, 2007, 12:11 AM
    I worked as a Dietician. There is some great advise here. Diet, exercise, drink plenty of water... If you don't lose weight slowly and consistently (keep in mind that we gain water monthly - then lose it) then you may have what Dr. Atkins calls, oh, I forget what he calls it! If that's the case then a modified Atkins may work well. I modify the diet for myself by using rye krisp and other carbohydrate stuff that I don't like much added in.
    Vision Expert

Nov 23, 2007, 12:13 AM
    I've tried that atkins diet and failed at it, because it is too strict. I am just using a low calorie diet and exercising...
    bloxingham Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 11:57 AM
    Hey!
    I am in the same boat you are in! When I started my senior year I weighed like 130.. it was so awesome. But then I got on this acne medicine called Accutane and I had to get on birth control. So I got on the Depo shot, BIGGEST MISTAKE IN MY LIFE! In three months I gained almost 50 pounds. Then when I graduated I gained 15 more. It was horrible! I was dieting and excercising like a freakin football player but I lost only like 5 pounds. So I went to the doctor and I asked about any diet pills that actually work and that won't seriously kill my liver. He said there are like two. But he said he would only give them to me if I went and saw a nutritionist, so I did and we put together a diet plan and stuff and I agreed to not drink pop anymore. After I saw her, he gave me a prescription for Phentramine. My dad is a Pharmacist and he told me that it was in the same classification as Methanphetamine so it would make me feel weird the first couple days. But like j_9 said it sped up my heartrate so much! When I would be excercising my heartrate would be over 200. And I was just speed walking. Anyway he only prescribed them to me from the 1st of June till October. But I lost 45 pounds. All it did was make me not hungry for anything and speed up my heartrate. It was really scary though, I have thirty more pounds to lose and now I am ALWAYS hungry. I don't know if they would be a good way to do it. The doctor was really hesitant to even give them to me. So I don't know if you will be able to get some. But you can try. If you want I can copy the paper I used for my diet plan and stuff. But that's just if you want. Let me know what you end up doing! I'll try and help as much as I can. Good Luck!
    Vision Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
    I will be going to the doctor with this issue after Jan 1, as that is when my insurance kicks in... Thank you for the advice... Did he tell you what the name of the other one is? And how long ago was that? I took some diet pills a few years ago that had that chemical in them that they soon removed, (can't think of the name of it). And that's how it made me feel.

Thank you.
    Vision Expert

Nov 25, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Oh and J_9, thank you for removing the riff raff from this page

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Diet pills [ 1 Answers ]

Are diet pills safe? I don't no if it comes under this subject but I need to find out for a study I am doing on it , so are they?? :D

Diet Pills [ 1 Answers ]

I had my beautifull daughter about 10 months ago and I work out everyday and diet as well... I've tried everything so I was thinking about using a diet pill any suggestions??

Adricted to diet pills and over the counter pills [ 5 Answers ]

:o I have for the past 4 years been adicted to dietr pills and over the counter pills I even take more then I need toi have tried to stop before but just couldn't stop. I want to stop and I want to get better but I don't know how I can stop with out help but I don't want to sign myself into a...

Diet pills [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm 26 And Weigh About 163 And I'm 5'6. I Working Toward Losing 20 Pounds. So Does Any One Know Of A Diet Supplement That May Be Helpful That Really Works. I Also Watch What I Eat And Exercise.

Diet pills [ 3 Answers ]

I want to loose some weight. I was two sides smiler than I am rigth now. I am not overweight really but ia want to have my body like it was before. I would like to try with diet pills, but I am scared of side effects. I just wondering if just taking those pills for a while,...

View more questions Search