Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 07:57 PM
    Sleepovers Fun?
    I am terrified of sleeping at other people's houses, I don't know why. While all my friends are having slumber parties I'm sitting at home playing alone. I really don't know what to do! I really want to sleepover somewhere but I get scared and end up going home, what should I do?
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 08:04 PM
    What makes you feel scared? Do you have a hard time getting comfortable sleeping away from home? Do you miss your bed, your things and stuff like that? Does it not feel as safe to you as being at home with your family? Trying to figure out what makes you feel scared might help you get over your fear.

Have you ever hosted a sleepover party at your house? Maybe that might allow you to be a part of sleepovers until you start feeling comfortable with sleeping at someone else's house.
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 08:08 PM
    Yes I do feel that way, but I have had sleepovers @ my house but since I don't like sleeping at peoples houses my friends refuse to sleep at my house too HELP!
    Caralyn Posts: 61, Reputation: 13

Nov 17, 2007, 09:12 PM
    Maybe if you just concentrated on getting closer to one friend, and when you feel you have grown closer and can trust her then try either sleeping at hers or have her sleep at yours. If there’s a few of you maybe you are afraid of having a falling out with any of them when you are away from home.
    KalFour Posts: 332, Reputation: 46

Nov 18, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Are you comfortable travelling with your family and staying in different places?
    Kal
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Have you ever tried sleeping on the floor, say with a sleeping bag, in some other room in your house?
    alexj977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Hell my name is alex and I'm 17 and I have the same problem... I don't trust sleep overs because when I was 9 I was in this park program and I when to sleep and the kids coulard on my face and tied me up to a bench and now I can't trust no one if you have awnsers pease help me.
    alexj977 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 09:02 PM

I have tried sleeping pills and thos work fine but I hate pills!
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Dec 28, 2008, 07:49 PM

What exactly are you afraid of? You have to articulate it before it can be addressed. "I'm afraid" is just too general.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does he actually like me or is he just out for fun [ 3 Answers ]

A few years ago I met a guy who I thought was great. We got on well, laughed a lot and I found him really attractive. We had so much in common and would talk about the fact that we both have commitment problems We saw each other a few times and both spoke about that fact that we quite liked each...

My 4yr old son sleeps in grandma's bed during sleepovers [ 3 Answers ]

I need help. My 4yr old has a incredibly close relationship with his grandma(my mother-in-law). He goes over there every weekend and spends the night. He sleeps in the same bed with her. I think he is much too old to be doing this and I never really liked the idea when he was younger but I was so...

For fun [ 21 Answers ]

Select an organization that you have worked for or one that you are familiar with and locate the goals the organization has set. Many times this information can be found on the company's website. Give a brief overview of the organization and list the goals of that organization. Describe how...

Just for fun [ 37 Answers ]

Just for fun and to have something nice to think about... I was wondering what you would do if you won $1,000,000? What about $10,000,000? I know for me 1 vs 10 million would be much different. I think it would be fun to hear what you have to say. Dream a little.:D

Just for the fun of it... [ 10 Answers ]

What are your kids names, and why did you pick them? You don't have to put the whole name if you are not comfortable, just the first. And why did you pick it? Was in handed down, or just because? My oldest daughters name is Alisa... I just picked out of the book, and the middle name is my...

View more questions Search