Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wackymb Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2007, 05:16 PM
    Evening or morning?
    Hi, I have been trying to lose weight for about 3 months now and haven't seen any improvement. If at all, I feel like I have gained. I only eat around once a day and snack through out the day. I have cut out cokes,and tea. I was a big tea drinker. Anyway, I still have to have some kind of caffeine so, I drink coffee. Which I only drink maybe 2 or 3 cups the whole day and not even everyday. My question is, is it better to walk in the morning or in the evening? I am very determined to lose weight cause I know it will make me feel better about myself and feel more attractive. I know that I don't eat like I'm suppose to but, I can't afford at all to buy things just for me cause I have a husband and a boy. I was thinking of doing this. I thought of getting some kind of cereal for breakfast and some fruit for throughout the day and then for dinner I thought of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts and cook it in the george forman grill. And Have some kind a veggie with it. I thought of doing this everyday. I know someone that ate nothing but chicken and lost a bunch of weight. I would love your opinions and a good and healthy way to lose weight. I know that you can't lose it fast. But, I'm wanting to look better by next summer. Thanks for any opinions.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 17, 2007, 05:38 PM
    Eating only once a day may be your problem. It is easier to lose weight when you eat three balanced meals a day. Eating only once can throw your metabolism off. I'm not sure what the best time to exercise is. Try to eat balanced meals. For example you could have an omelette with some low fat cheese and veggies and whole grain toast for breakfast, a turkey or chicken sandwich with whole grain bread and some veggies for lunch, and a chicken and veggie dinner, like you said. Try to work different food groups into meals. I used to do the eat once a day and snack thing too, and I couldn't lose weight doing it. When I switched to three meals a day, it helped because I snacked on junk food less and when I did sit down to eat, I didn't eat as much. Anyway, sorry I couldn't help about the exercise! :) Good luck!
    wackymb Posts: 83, Reputation: 3

Nov 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyhill
    Eating only once a day may be your problem. It is easier to lose weight when you eat three balanced meals a day. Eating only once can throw your metabolism off. I'm not sure what the best time to exercise is. Try to eat balanced meals. For example you could have an omelette with some low fat cheese and veggies and whole grain toast for breakfast, a turkey or chicken sandwich with whole grain bread and some veggies for lunch, and a chicken and veggie dinner, like you said. Try to work different food groups into meals. I used to do the eat once a day and snack thing too, and I couldn't lose weight doing it. When I switched to three meals a day, it helped because I snacked on junk food less and when I did sit down to eat, I didn't eat as much. Anyway, sorry I couldn't help about the exercise! :) Good luck!
    Thanks you were a big help. I plan on doing that. But, I am a very picky eater. I only like two veggies unless some are raw like Broccoli and califlower. But, again thank you. I am going to do everything I can to lose weight. I am also having a problem with energy. I don't feel like doing anything. Like right now, I'm suppose to be cleaning house and just don't feel like it.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 17, 2007, 05:53 PM
    I'm with you there! I have a pile of laundry waiting for me at home, and I have a feeling it won't get done tonight!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Evening bag [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to make an evening bag?:p

Sex in the morning or evening? Trouble! [ 22 Answers ]

Hi all... I have a question about marriage and sex. I prefer sex at night, when we go to bed and my husband prefers it in the morning, when we wake up. I have a problem with it in the morning because sometimes (like this morning) a child is in our bed because of a bad dream, illness or...

Fall evening outdoor wedding [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: I'm going to attend an fall evening outdoor wedding. The weather forecast tells me that it will be cold. Do I choose a dress, pant suit,? What about a wrap. My husband is the minister.

View more questions Search