Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjbtools Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 03:41 PM
    Oil capacity of Briggs & Stratton 402707 opposed twin?
    Hi,

Does anyone know the Oil capacity of the Briggs & Stratton 402707 16HP opposed twin?

Also, the engine is making a rattling noise like the fan is touching the inside of the shroud or the shroud itself is rattling around. Has anyone had experience taking one of these beasts partially apart? Or perhaps where there might be a manual on-line?

Thanks,

-Bob.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Nov 24, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Well bob, there could be a bolt or screw running around on the fan, if so get it out before you have major damages. Also, it could be a broken fin on the fan. As for the engine oil capacity it will be either 46oz. Or 54oz. Probably 46oz. Which equals 1 1/2 quarts.
    dmaso00 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Owner manuals can be downloaded free from Manuals / Simplicity
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Jul 9, 2009, 05:47 PM

Hi,
    Manuas are also at Briggs & Stratton, just have the Type number, too. Both Owner's and Parts available.
    Operator Manuals, Illustrated Parts Lists & Wiring Diagrams - Briggs & Stratton
    Peace,
    Clarke
    PS Too large to attach here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Oil capacity Briggs and Straton Push mower 4.5 hp [ 4 Answers ]

How much oil do I put in a Briggs and Straton Bolens push lawn mower? Model 11A-084E765 4.5hp Verify- the best type of oil is straight 30 weight, right?

19.5hp briggs & stratton twin cylindler [ 2 Answers ]

I have gas shooting out the carburetor I need help

16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 4 Answers ]

What could possibly cause oil to soak spark plug. What's busted to let the oil into the cylinder? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks Timid Soul

Another 16HP Briggs Stratton Problem with oil [ 6 Answers ]

I over oiled my 16HP briggs. I looked online for some help and changed the sparkplugs and oil. The tractor still runs, but I get white smoke out of the exhaust. Will the smoke "burn Off" or should I replace the exhaust. The engine is a 402700 B&S from 1988. Looking for some answers. Thank you.

View more questions Search