Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladybugs266 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Felony probation violation
    My son is being transported from one county 2 another on a felony probation violation for leave his county he spent 60 days for driving without a licesne his probation officer put a warrant out for him so now they have to transport to the other county. What might or could happen as for as time in jail for this violation? Would It matter if he still has his job he can go back to?

Ladybugs:rolleyes:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 04:55 PM
    Ummm, what do you mean from one country to another.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 17, 2007, 06:40 PM
    He will be held pending a hearing. That can be various lenghts of time, up to weeks. ** he needs an attorney for this** So at the hearing, the judge will decide what will happen, anything from a warning, to being made to serve all of that sentence. He should expect more jail time if I was to guess.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ladybugs266
    would It matter if he still has his job he can go back to?
    Hello lady:

Yes, EVERYTHING matters.

The problem is, how are you going to get that information to the proper people?? They're not going to talk to you on the phone. They're not going to believe him. If you go as a witness, they're not going to believe you either. Is his boss going to write a letter?? Who is he going to write it to??

So, it matters MORE that he has a lawyer.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 18, 2007, 06:44 AM
    I will agree, while there are some nice helpful people, the majority of the people you are going to deal with have the goal of sending him back to jail. If his PO ordered him picked up you know he is not going to be there to help him ( and he is the person that you want to be on your side)

So the only thing that really matters now is an attorney and trying to show he is not going to break the law again. The judge that told him not to break the law again, ( first probation) is not going to be happy that what he said was ignored. So he is going into a group that will not be happy with him and only evidence that is properly submitted can be used.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Felony probation violation (first offense) [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend was arrested vop on a felony charge Friday. It was his first violation. He had smoked marij and told his officer as he was being asked for a urine sample. She did not allow him to pee even though he wanted to. She wrote that he refused his test which isn't really true. He just...

Felony Probation Violation [ 3 Answers ]

If you are on felony probation and you get arrested for a DUI what are the consaquense's?

Felony probation violation [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got arrested today for driving while license revoked and he is already on felony probation. What will happen to him?

Felony probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

HI my boyfriend is incarcerated on two charges but when he went to court today the DA refused to prosecute however instead of being released he has a court date set for tomorrow for felony probation violation what I don't understand is how they can violate him if the charges he was incarcerated for...

View more questions Search