Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannenkatherine Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2007, 03:30 PM
    What kind of jewelry should I wear for belly ring ?
    I'm curious because I'm some what kind og allergic to some metals. Also I'm not sure on what kinds of metals. I want to put a new one but I don't want the hole to get infected. What kind og metal should I put?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 03:34 PM
    I have not seen anyone alergic to gold. Silver or Copper is a different story, I think a lot has to do with the salts in your sweat.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:03 PM
    Surgical steel would be your best bet. Other than that you just have to try whatever metal you want and see how it goes. If it shows signs of irritation, change it back to the surgical steel.

I would also like to suggest that you don't use flashy dangly jewelry. I know its cute, but you run the risk of it getting caught on things which can cause irritation and sometimes lead to infection. Good luck :)
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I would stick to whatever metal you have in now... if it seems to be working for you and not irritating your skin :)

As as nautical said, steer clear of the bling ;)
    FyrePhoenix Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
    Titanium makes for good body jewelry. Also, try to find something that's internally threaded.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my belly ring? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 3weeks ago and the person who pierced it said to come back in a month-6 weeks and that they will change the belly ring for me. Well I'm wondering after they change the belly ring how long I have to wait until I can change it again?

Left belly ring out too long [ 2 Answers ]

Listin I need help fast I took my elly button ring out because it got red and my mom wa sgetting mad and now I'm worried I can't put it back in because it hurts I've had it for 6 months now will it close up if I leave it out for 3 days Some one help

Belly ring troubles [ 10 Answers ]

:eek: ummm, well I got mi navel pierced and it sort of has this small bump, it is soft and its kind of under mi belly ring, but when I move the ring to the side I can see it, do any of you no what it is?? is it suppose 2 look like this?? and its lighter than tha rest of the hole when it gt pierced...

Belly Ring Stuck [ 6 Answers ]

hey Everyone, I am writing because I need your help. I recently got my belly ring pierced (july 2006) and today I had to go to the radiologist because I was in a car accident last week and needed some x-rays done. Anyway, long story short, they asked me to take my belly ring out but I couldn't...

What kind of socks can I wear? [ 2 Answers ]

This may be a stupid question, but I work for a shoe company and I've seen many styles of "ballerina shoes" that I think are really cute. The trouble is, since the opening of the shoe is so large, you can see your socks when you wear the shoes, even with jeans. So, what kind of socks can I wear...

View more questions Search