Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 17, 2007, 04:04 PM
    If the lack of virginity is an issue because of religious beliefs, talk to your pastor/religious leader. He/she can help the two of you discuss the issue as it relates to your religion. If it isn't a religious issue, consider relationship counseling for the two of you. It may help you to come to terms with this issue. I do not think having lost her virginity makes her "easy". She had sex with one other person and told you about it. That is a far cry from sleeping with every guy you meet at the bar, or something. But, if it bothers you, I think counseling may help. I'm not trying to debate the morality of premarital sex here. I am just trying to offer some suggestions. If you want to be with her, you have to talk things through.

Just one thing though, don't ever let your girlfriend see that you called her "easy" on this website. She probably wouldn't take kindly to that.

My personal view is this: every human being ever born has sinned and made mistakes. There are many things worse than a girl sleeping with someone at 17 and feeling bad about it later. It is not my place to judge another for their actions in the past. Now, that is just MY view and you have every right to disagree. I'm just giving you my opinion of what I would do if I were in your shoes. But, people have many different views about intimacy, and I respect those views.

If you can't get over this, do her the favor of being honest with her about it, so she can find someone who doesn't think she is "easy". If you want to get over it and have respect for her, then seek counseling. I hope this helps! :)
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 18, 2007, 08:19 PM
    I think Megg, Fr_Chuck,and BiWIccanAndProud have good points.

It depends on where you grew up, what values you have and how judgemental you are.
    If the girl means a lot to you, you will eventually see that at that age, most girls thought they found the right person and gave themselves as a gift. Unfortunately, this is not always the outcome and they later regret it. This by all means does not make girls of that type 'easy'. It just means that they made a big mistake that they regret, but she was being honest with you and you should accept that and not be egotistical about it.

If you cannot handle her no longer being a virgin, then leave her alone and find one, as I said before.

Love should start in the mind, and not let the body take control, or the ego.

Enigmagnetic, on post 20, has a very good point there also.
    There is a lot for you to thing about. Hope you make the right choice for your personal happiness.

And, as peggyhill said, respect her, and do what you have to for yourself.
    By all means, be honest about your reasons..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Says she's sorry,but can't be in a relationship right now [ 7 Answers ]

I've been seeing this girl which is 3 years my junior in collage for about a month now. The first couple of weeks were great, we went out together a couple of times, had dinner and all that stuff.. but then in the next few weeks, whan I tried to ask her out again (a couple of times), she said she...

How do I know if she's cheating [ 8 Answers ]

My girlfriend sits in the bathtub 5-6 hours doing nothing she says , but listening to slow jams... can anybody tell me why she does that?:confused:

She's Gone [ 1 Answers ]

My question is simple: I had this girlfriend right, she was the greatest part of my life and I loved her more than anything and still do. She was unhappy in the end of our relationship and left, it was only a year and a half long but she was my life for that whole period and now I don't know how...

I'm 18 but she's 16, can I go to jail? [ 15 Answers ]

Ok, here's the deal. I'm 18 years old and my girlfriend is 16. We're head over hills in love with one another. She's MUCH more mature than most 16 year olds, BUT her parents hate me. They've only met me once and I SWEAR I was just as polite as can be. They have NO right to dislike me. I'm...

So she's gone [ 5 Answers ]

Sad distemperment realms my thoughts, knawing at my heart. No chance to falter and fall into dismalness, *poof* I appear in its hell before the wool burns from my eyelids. Searching the skyline for a horizon that won't come... a clear day sunset that no longer exsist at the end of my day. ...

View more questions Search