Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    teresita Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 10:19 PM
    Why does his charges from 25 yrs ago haunt him NOW
    Hello,
    Let me try to explain, 25 yrs ago (Daly City Ca. san mateo county) three friends were drinking in a park all under age well 17 and one friends girlfriend. She was 23 the boyfriend 18 she bought the drinks well boyfriend girlfriend doing the do in the bushes friends were laughing cheering him on cops show up she's embarrassed, says they tried to gang rape her. Jury did not believe her but they wanted to teach the boys a lesson for hanging out. Convicted of rape in concert, 3 yrs in YA sex offenders for the rest of their lives.
    Now its 2007 only one man left 43yrs old has this charge (strike) and a grand theft (strike)
    Also little petty things Now in 2005 he misses his registration date (his moms sick) (he has surgery) so on & so on They arrest him in Aug 2005 (if you know San Mateo County your guilty until proven innocent) and they make a plea bargain of course we can't afford a lawyer so they appoint us one a private defender that the county pays for. So the DA's office and these private defenders all work for the same people. San mateo county has the second highest conviction rate in California. In the mean time he goes to JC pennys the security guard follows him and as he walk out the door they stop him he drops the bags( his bags with reciets) and says wait here's the bags let me tell my ride to wait and we can go through this. Next thing he's being arrested. Now he's in the middle of a plea bargain and catches this other case tapes are weak.hes looking at a grand theft,failure to register but in reality they don't have any proof, we have reciets from jc pennys medical proof that he was in surg and his mom was sick. But all they really care about is that he is a 290 case. Oh you his public pretender, RUDE does not return my calls. Help sorry this is so long but it's the truth.
    Teresita
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 05:52 AM
    Hello T:

Yup, he's in trouble. How can I help?

Actually, I'm going to help anyway. I know you think his attorney works for the bad guys. That's the rumor. But, he doesn't. You'll NEVER know that, unless you start to manage him properly. Getting mad at him for not returning phone calls ISN'T managing him.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, and how to save your husband, let me know. Otherwise, he'll be doing time where ALL the other guys doing time have the SAME story about "public pretenders".

Indeed. In my experience, I have found them to be some of the best trained attorneys out there. But, I KNOW how to manage the people I hire.

excon
    teresita Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello T:

Yup, he's in trouble. How can I help?

Actually, I'm gonna help anyway. I know you think his attorney works for the bad guys. That's the rumor. But, he doesn't. You'll NEVER know that, unless you start to manage him properly. Getting mad at him for not returning phone calls ISN'T managing him.

If you want to know what I'm talking about, and how to save your husband, lemme know. Otherwise, he'll be doing time where ALL the other guys doing time have the SAME story about "public pretenders".

Indeed. In my experience, I have found them to be some of the best trained attorneys out there. But, I KNOW how to manage the people I hire.

excon
    I was hoping you would say that thanks I'll take what ever advice you have. We live in California San mateo county.
    Teresita
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 12:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teresita
    says they tried to gang rape her. jury did not believe her but they wanted to teach the boys a lesson for hanging out. convicted of rape in concert, 3 yrs in YA sex offenders for the rest of their lives.
    Hello again, t:

People don't get convicted by a jury of their peers for "hanging out". They obviously DID believe her. Now, I don't know if he did it, but 12 people thought he did.

My advice to you would be to get a grip on the realities of the situation and stop playing the victim.

You need to get the RIGHT information from your public defender. If you don't establish a line of communication with him, 5 years down the road you're going to be BSing about how he was railroaded THIS TIME.

Go to his office, and don't leave until you have your question answered.

excon
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Nov 17, 2007, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teresita
    Hello,
    l says they tried to gang rape her. jury did not believe her but they wanted to teach the boys a lesson for hanging out. convicted of rape in concert, 3 yrs in YA sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

Obviously the jury DID believe her because they found 4 young men GUILTY

now its 2007 only one man left 43yrs old has this charge (strike) and a grand theft (strike)
    also little petty things

Well, here is one of his problems. He didn't learn the first time and has continued to tred the wrong path. If he were taking the straight and narros, he wouldn't have grand theft and other charges, now would he?

Now in 2005 he misses his registration date (his moms sick) (he has surgery) so on & so on So, he actually didn't register, then it caught up with him, because he ran out of time. Could he have registered the week before his mother became ill? Or two weeks before she became ill?

so they appoint us one a private defender that the county pays for. So the DA's office and these private defenders all work for the same people. No, they do not all work for the same people. Private attorneys usually have to be willing to accept public defender cases in a rotating basis. I should be asking why your husband? boyfriend? even needed a public defender.

now hes in the middle of a plea bargain and catches this other case tapes are weak.hes looking at a grand theft,failure to register but in reality they don't have any proof, we have reciets from jc pennys medical proof that he was in surg and his mom was sick.

Actually, the tapes may be weak for the theft from Penney's, but it is very clear that he failed to register. BY TWO FREAKING YEARS!! So why couldn't he register after he got over being sick? And what in the world can you steal from Penney's to make it Grand Theft?

But all they really care about is that he is a 290 case. oh ya his public pretender, RUDE does not return my calls. Help sorry this is so long but it's the truth.
    Teresita
    Okay. Is he your husband or your boyfriend? Because technically, if he is your boyfriend, the public defender doesn't have to return your calls. The only person he is obligated to maintaqin contact with is the defendant. You need to quit being such an enabler, and making excuses for your BF/Husband. He needs to straighten up his act and follow the rules, otherwise you better hope they have conjugal visits in San Mateo. Make an appoint meant with the Public Defender, so in with boyfriend, listen to what the game plan is, and make sure boyfriend keeps nose clean in the future. But stop blaming everyone else and making excuses for why everyone else is doing this multiply-convicted felon wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My son Jeremy who died 4 yrs. Ago. [ 3 Answers ]

Can his spirit stay with me and my other children? Could it be possible that my 5 year see's and play's with him still, like he does?

2 shoplifting charges 10 yrs ago, will I get denied [ 5 Answers ]

Almost 10 years ago, as a single mother of my baby boy, I shoplifted some things for him with a friend. I got caught and had to go to court and pay fines. Shortly thereafter(Oct. 1997), I did it once more, had to go to court again, pay fines and go to a 8 hr course at the local jail. I never...

Betrayal 25 yrs ago [ 21 Answers ]

I have always been very insecure and jealous. Recently my husband of 40 yrs told me that he went to a nude bar 25 yrs ago and I cannot stop thinking about it. I was 1000 miles away while he was in Tx staying with an uncle trying to find work. We were losing our home due to his being laid off and...

Criminal background 12 yrs.ago... [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting ready to go back to school in the medical field; I'm offered job placements through where I graduated .Do I have to worry about possibility of rejection because of a past record-over 10yrs.ago?! I've been told it shouldn't be that big of a deal... but,I have concerns because school...

View more questions Search