Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eagle_eye42 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 09:32 PM
    1 & 1/2 week old kittens
    My cat had kittens and the dad is a bobtail the mother just a stray I found and one of the kittens has only a half a tail I mean it looks to long to be a bobtail.Can someone tell me if it just didn't develop fully or is it suppose to look like that:rolleyes:
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 09:46 PM
    I have a bobtail stray that I found. I found her when she was a kitten. Her tail was maybe 1-2 inches long. She has what you would call a puff at her back sort of like a bunny. I read that this is actually a spinal defect and that some cats will have problems due to this. She is 4 years old and never has had any problems.
    I really wish that you would consider spaying/neutering your animals it is so sad that there are not enough homes to go around for all of these wonderful creatures. Far to many are killed each year due to lack of homes.
    eagle_eye42 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Nov 17, 2007, 10:13 AM
    I actually have only 3 cats of my own and all are spayed and neutered.It seems because I live in the country people want to let their animals out and they just seem to find me so I do take them in for shelter and place them with the Animal Shelter when they have room and because it costs so much for the shelters to house animals I do the spaying and neutering out of my own pocket. This cat was pregnant when I took her in and I totally agree with you it's like people don't care about animals any more and it's ashame,They will get their payback in due time.. :p
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:47 AM
    My sister lives in the country and she has the same issue with cats. My mom gets all the dogs for some reason. The shelter in their area doesn't even take in cats.
    Have you looked into some the spay neuter programs. They can help you with the cost. I will be happy to post some numbers for you. That is if you are in the U.S.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    My sister lives in the country and she has the same issue with cats. My mom gets all the dogs for some reason. The shelter in their area does'nt even take in cats.
    Yep, my mom's wound up with two stray dogs that way. She says it's pretty common for people to drive out to the country and abandon pets, thinking that some nice farmer is going to be delighted to take them in. Unfortunately, many farmers in her area are still old school enough to just shoot the strays and bury them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 week old kittens have fleas [ 1 Answers ]

Flea problem in house. I have used reliable products to clear the house and mummy cat is free of alll fleas but my two week old kittens are infested. Can't use usual stuff as they are too little, can anybody advise me on how to rid my kittens of the fleas? Jo :mad:

4 week old kittens [ 2 Answers ]

ok now if i do get my litten ones to eat how do i get them their fluids (formula/water)

4 week old kittens [ 9 Answers ]

My cat had a litter of kittens 4 weeks ago today. Two days after delivery mom died. So far I've been doing pretty good raising them. But 3 days ago they stopped have bowel movement on there own and was difficult with stimulation. Found some remedies on this site. Which worked but now bm is loose...

2 week old kittens [ 6 Answers ]

I have some 2 week old kittens and they have fleas,How do I get rid of the fleas without hurting them?:

5 week old kittens [ 1 Answers ]

I got these kittens from this lady and they are only 5 weeks old! I think this is too young for them to be away from the mother am I right or wronge the lady gave them to me and told me they drink water and stuff but they don't. They eat fine but what should I do to get them to drink water?

View more questions Search