Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SerenityM18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 07:30 PM
    Where do I start?
    I decided to take an acting class to help me understand better to do the basic directing class, only to discover that when it came down to it, I don't know where to start in acting, I have to work with my partner to do a one act play where I play a giddy wise undine, but I do not know where to start, my movements are still ridged and jagged and I don't think my tone is where it should be, what should I do? :confused:
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Practice! Work on getting yourself into character. Lay down for a minute and picture yourself as that person. Talking the way they do, acting the way they do, moving the way they do. Practice your lines with a lot of emphasis, almost to where it sounds silly. Think about that characters's life and background and put yourself there mentally. It's all in your head who you are, make yourself your character.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 04:36 AM
    Practice is of course the most important thing here. Did you ever play as a small child and pretend that you were someone else? The feelings that you get when you act are very much like that.

Do you already have a script from which to work? Or, do you have to write this short play yourselves? Knowing that will help us to help you better as to where to start.

I can remember having to write my own play and also act things out with a partner when I was in school.
    SerenityM18 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2007, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Practice is of course the most important thing here. Did you ever play as a small child and pretend that you were someone else? The feelings that you get when you act are very much like that.

Do you already have a script from which to work? Or, do you have to write this short play yourselves? Knowing that will help us to help you better as to where to start.

I can remember having to write my own play and also act things out with a partner when I was in school.
    I have the script that I had wrote, but it's becoming much to late for me and my partner ot change it too much, we only have a few weeks left.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2007, 06:03 AM
    I would appreciate knowing what happened concerning your pursuit of learning how to act. Thank you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where do I start? [ 3 Answers ]

I was adopted when I was 3 weeks old. Ive been thinking a lot lately about finding my biological parents or at least my biological mother. I don't have a lot of information about them. I was just wondering where do I start?

PC Start Up [ 4 Answers ]

My PC takes about 10mins to fully load so I can use it! I have don't all the usual, scan and delete any unwanted stuff, changed the programmes when PC starts up etc etc Pc is getting terrably slow in general as well Any help would be great

F8 on start-up [ 1 Answers ]

Pressing F8 on start-up and selecting Safe Mode causes the computer to shut down and re-start. What can I do to overcome this?

91 honda crx no start or rough start, puzzled HELP! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I'm running a SOHC ZC motor. I have good compressions across all pistons at 135psi and holding a piece. I have checked the timing and it is correct. I have checked the fuel pressure and it is OK. I haven't been able to figure out how to lean the fuel out though, but anyway, it starts up and...

View more questions Search