Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lornaeric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Min Pin
    I Got Question and I need some answers please help I Donno what to do with her

She's a sick sick Dog That the lady who had her before I bought her should not have sold her to me I think she should have kept her...

Dog eat's
    Panties
    Toilet paper
    Baby diapers
    You Name It...
    She's about 6 or 7 years old
    I just bought a new little puppie
    My Min pin is peeing every where and poohing
    What do I do with this DOG
    Help Please
    Lorna
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Go to the sticky starting at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/i...tml#post251802

Much of the material is mean for younger dogs, but it will be a good start. Don't make the error of not taking your dog seriously just because it is small. Post back with specific questions.
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2007, 07:32 AM
    Please read through labman's link if you haven't already done so. There is a lot of very good & useful information there.

Your min pin is telling you that he is having a problem accepting the new pup. I know it is hard, but you need to give him some alone time with you and not forget that he is looking for the same amount of attention from you as he had before. Be very careful about feeding, walking, greeting,. the new pup ahead of the older one. Dogs work with a pack rank mentality and you may be inadvertently showing him that the new pup outranks him, which is why he is doing what he is doing now. He needs to be fed, walked, greeted,. first.

Regarding eating everything in sight, you need to make sure you don't leave anything lying around that he can get a hold of if you aren't able to pay close attention to what he is doing. Usually when dogs are destructive it is due to boredom. He needs to be challenged a bit more. That can be anything, exercise, playing fetch with him, going through his normal training routine to reinforce the training you have given him,. Labman mentions a kong filled with peanut butter/treats in his link. Give him one of those to keep him occupied when you are working on training your new pup. It would also be wise to start crate training him if you haven't done so already (info on this is in labman's link). It may take longer for him to accept the crate since he is older, but if done right and you are patient and persistent, he will accept it. Both dogs should be crated when you need to do other things and can't focus on them. This will minimzie the destruction and the random pottying in the house.

Labman has some very good information regarding training yourself to be the leader of the "pack" in your household. Hopefully he will post it here when he sees my response. I think it will be a big help to you in understanding your dog's mindset.
    CSW6314 Posts: 34, Reputation: 0

Feb 12, 2008, 10:03 AM
    My min pins does the same thing. Have you tried training them at all? Teaching simple commands like sit an stay an most importantly NO will do you a lot of good.
    ayashe Posts: 81, Reputation: 9

Feb 12, 2008, 10:26 PM
    If I am reading this right,your dog will put anything in it's mouth it can get ahold of? I have a daschund/chihuahua mix who will eat anything, and I do mean ANYTHING she can find. Including dog hair that sheds from the other dogs we have. I have to watch over her very carefully, inside and outside of my house. I have to vacuum a few times a day, and am a horrible tryant with the kids and their food. ( To keep Missy from eating their scraps) Her stomach just can't handle anything other then prescription dog food. Good luck to you, it's hard, but we do love them!
    lindsayminar Posts: 51, Reputation: 6

Feb 13, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Generally, dog operate on smell. They love the smell and taste of undies, and diapers, also the 'feathery-ness' of tissue paper. I have made sure that I pick up all my undies, and that they are in a hamper with a lid.
    bransonsmama Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2008, 09:19 PM
    Welcome to the world of Minpins! Minpins need a lot of attention and if you haven't noticed, they own everything and you as well. I have a minpin he is 10 years old and he only tolerates everything else around him. Anything new that comes in the house he piddles on, that's his way of saying "that's mine"! He has even lifted his leg on some of my friends. Lol He chews undie, and dirty diapers. Your minpin is trying to tell you she's top dog and don't forget it. The peeing and pooping all over is to let you know she's not real happy you brought another dog home. Have you ever used the clicker for training? They work pretty good. If you want her to stop peeing and pooping in the house, go out with her when she goes out and when you see her go to the bathroom outside, click and say good girl, then give her a treat. The clicker method works pretty good for a lot of behaviors. Good luck! What color is your minpin?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Min Pin misbehaving [ 6 Answers ]

I have a two year old min pin who chews everything from shower curtains, rugs, pillows to chap stick. He only does this when left alone. I also have a 4 year old rottie lab who is his best friend. They play well together and are inseprable. Rottie... no problems. Min Pin... very destructive. ...

Thinking about adopting an obese Min Pin? [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the shelter yesterday and came across a 5 year old Miniature Pinscher who is extremely obese. She is being given a diet of a mix of canned and dried food twice a day. Now, I really love her, and the chubbiness makes her cute, but I started wondering about possible complications. Should...

Min Pin and her bad pooping habits [ 1 Answers ]

I'm stumped! I have an almost 5 month old Miniature Pinscher female named Layla. She goes to the bathroom outside no problem but sometimes it's a project to get her to poop. I always know she has to go when she continues to eat the grass and bugs and run around hysterically like she's on speed...

Sick Min Pin [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old min pin who was fine yesterday but when she got up this morning she did not even want to go outside to use the bathroom and still has not. She just lays around and is very lethargic. What could be wrong. Do pets just have bad days like we do? Thanks for your help. Kathy

My min pin [ 1 Answers ]

My min pin was spayed, she is a year old now, she has lately been acting like she wants to mate with my wife's feet,specifically the toe.there is no blood involved and I asked the vet and she said that this is strange behavior.is it

View more questions Search