Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    randomguy19 Posts: 81, Reputation: 3

Nov 16, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Kidney Stone or what?
    About 6-8 months ago I went to the doctor because every time I went to the bathroom I would have a bloody stool. I had a colonoscopy done and they said everything was fine and nothing was wrong and the blood went away. About a 2 months ago I was rushed to the E.R. after experiencing the worse pain in my life. The pain was located at the lower right side of my stomach below my ribs. It started as weird pressure then gotten worse. The pain went away and then came back after I ate Burger King so that's when I went to the E.R. As I mentioned the pain was terrible. I through up while waiting to be seen by a doctor and it seemed to had made the pain decrease. I was then taken for a can scan where they told me I had a kidney stone and that it's already in my bladder and I would urinate it out within a day. Everything went fine that night. Pain then came back in the same area a day after but wasn't bad enough to go to the E.R. again. The pain didn't come back until recently where I get little random pressures and pains in the same area that come in go. I also get it on the left side now in the same location. I never peed out the stone. I looked up the human stomach and it looks like the pain is coming from my Left Colon and Right colon. What should I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:06 PM
    If the pain went away, you peed out the stone. But it may have been microscopic.

You need to be examined by your doctor and a possible referral to a gastroenterologist or possibly a urologist or nephrologist.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
    The ER can easily find the stone, if that is what it is.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Go see the doctor again until they listen to you if you think its not a kidney stone.

Kidney stones are really painful, but they are not usually a life or death situation (thats the good news now for the bad news). Doctors usually don't like to do surgery on stuff as small as that because its so small and the surgery has its risks. They can however give you pain meds, but these are often for severe cases only.

Does the pain get worse when you eat meat? Or when you eat in general? It could be something with your gullbladder but I think the doctor is probably right about the stone.
    Try cutting back on foods that make you hurt and if it keeps hurting GO SEE ANOTHER DOCTOR!! Being in pain stinks and some stones are simply too big to pass.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:14 PM
    I admit, I eat excessive junk food.. Could excessive junk food have anything to do with it?
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
    Uh, yeah. Excessive junk food can lead to a TON of health issues.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Well since the pain comes and goes and comes on the left side as well as the right in the same locations do you guys think its my left/right colon? The pain isn't come in the location of the ureter.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:22 PM

The yellow is the 2 locations
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:25 PM
    That is what is called radiating pain. Pain that comes from somewhere else. Rarely is there pain in BOTH the right and left colon at the same time. It's usually either right OR left.

Are you running a fever?

Nov 16, 2007, 06:27 PM
    No fever, I get the pains in the right side 95% of the time the rest are on the left in the same area. I'm not getting them on both the sides at the same time. It's at different times. Sorry for the confusion.
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:30 PM
    It's possible you have kidney stones in both ureters.

Does your junk food diet consist of high calcium (ice cream for instance) and caffeine?

Nov 16, 2007, 06:32 PM
    I eat fast food mostly twice a day.. That's what I meant about excessive. So it could very well be my ureters even though the pain isn't coming from that area?
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:34 PM
    Yeah, it could. Kidney stone pain tends to radiate outward.

You should still see a doctor, this should in no way shape or form be considered a medical diagnosis. I am just guessing since I don't have a complete medical history and cannot do an exam.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:37 PM
    What should I do from here? Since the pain comes and goes couldn't that mean that it's the same stone as last time? Or do you think it's a new stone?
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:39 PM
    It's most likely a new stone. Once they are in the ureters the pain does not just magically disappear until the stone is passed. Stones can be microscopic.

You need to be seen by a doctor, get a CT or MRI done to locate the stone if indeed it is a stone, and change your diet to a more healthy diet.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:40 PM
    They told me my past stone was 3 MM, I didn't feel anything when I urinated... Could the stone break down in the bladder?
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:43 PM
    No not usually.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:45 PM
    I will see a doctor tommorw. Thanks so much for your help!
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 06:47 PM
    Please let me know what happens.

Nov 16, 2007, 06:52 PM
    I will! It's just weird because the night I went to the doctor they told me that it's in my bladder yet a day later I still had the pain. Now I'm getting the pain in the same location.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kidney stones [ 16 Answers ]

My friend has kindney stones,can anyone help me with a treatment for them?

Kidney stones [ 6 Answers ]

Tell me why does kidney stone cause a fever in medical logical answer I want medical answe I,e what happens inside the body makes sweating in kidney stones

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

Kidney Infections [ 1 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with a severe kidney infection and treated twice with anti botics. The last antbiotic was so hard on my system it left me with joint aches and retaining water. I just don't know, I still feel horrible it has been March 1, 2007, The drug was Levaquin and the docs are saying maybe the...

View more questions Search