Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpMe01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2005, 10:31 PM
    How to lose wieght?
    Hey I have one more problem with my life.. and that's my wieght as you know I'm 15 going on to 16 and I weigh 180 pounds... I've always been overwieght... I have a slow metabolism... I tried No carb diets, and in 1 week I lost 7 - 10 pounds but I feel really dizzy and tired and I womit a lot.. so I can't stay on that diet...
    What is another Fast way I may lose 30 pounds.. 150 is my goal but id ont know how... :(
    Please help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2005, 05:57 AM
    Lose weight
    Hi,
    The best way to lose weight is to count your calories... not carbs.
    First, get yourself a cheap little paper back book of Calories in Foods; available at most grocery stores, or even drug stores.
    Then, write down the number of calories you eat and drink for 1 day, 24 hours.
    The normal maintenance calories is 2000 per 24 hour period; with 2000 calories, there usually isn't any weight loss or gain.
    Many yrs ago, I checked my calorie intack, was gaining weight, and found I was eating over 3,500 calories a day! I cut back to 2000 calories a day, and in a month or so, was back down to my normal weight. I was 24 at the time.
    I do wish you the best of luck. Check your daily calorie intact, both food and drink, and I'll bet it's way over 2000.
    nymphetamine Posts: 900, Reputation: 109

Nov 26, 2005, 08:39 AM
    Once I ate nothing but ramen noodles for a week. I lost some weight. I wear a size 5 jeans so you can imagine I didn't look too healthy. I'm 5 ft 6 and I weigh 120 lbs. I use that gazelle thingy a lot and now I have a lovely booty. :p
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 26, 2005, 09:23 AM
    Go for a walk
    Quote Originally Posted by fredg
    Hi,
    The best way to lose weight is to count your calories.....not carbs.
    I Agree with fredg counting calories is a good thing to do. I would also like to add that you should try some type of exercise; it may something as simple as walking down to the store to get milk rather than driving the car.

I know my daughter was over weight, we decided to adopt a dog hoping that maybe walking the dog would encourage her to walk more, well that did not work, but I walk our dog Miss Piggy three times a day and I have lost weight, and toned up a bit. I did not even realize it was happening.

The other thing is throw out your scale; it is your worst enemy. When it was in the house I got on it every chance I could, if I did not lose weight I was sad, and found myself stuffing my face. It seems the more you think about it the more down you can become.

Go for walks, ride a bike just get out and do something. The one thing that helps in our house was preparing things to snack on ahead of time. Like pepper slices, grapes, cut carrots or cheeses in baggies in the fridge, or apples and bananas on the counter this way rather than foraging for junk food you open the door grab a good goody and you are done. And never go grocery shopping when you are hungry.

Nov 26, 2005, 11:21 AM
    I agree with you highly intelligent very smart handsome pretty people. I hear eating breakfast in the morning too helps. I never eat breakfast. I ought to. I got big when I had my kids and believe me no longer look at over weight people the same. It is very hard to deal with and not at all easy as it looks. I'm glad I got back to size 5 me. Good luck.
    HelpMe01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2005, 02:52 PM
    Yeah.. but
    Yeah... but.. I don't eat much... I eat a healthy sandwich for lunch which contains, salad+Tomatos+cheese+pickles+slice of ham... for lunch I eat just a salad... and for dinner I just eat like 2 apples

I exercise a lot too... I run about 2 miles a day everyday.. I don't know if ihave some wieght disorder or what
    lilfyre Posts: 508, Reputation: 98

Nov 26, 2005, 02:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe01
    yeah... but.. i dont eat much... i eat a healthy sandwich for lunch which contains, salad+Tomatos+cheese+pickles+slice of ham... for lunch i eat just a salad... and for dinner i just eat like 2 apples

i excercise alot too... i run about 2 miles a day everyday.. i dont know if ihave some wieght disorder or what

Did you know that eating healthy snack like apple slice or carrot sticks during the day helps to raise your metabolism? So it is better to snack than not to snack as long as they are good snacks, running is good to. You should do it in the morning it will help to set your metabolism for the rest of the day.

Nov 26, 2005, 03:02 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong someone but doesn't salad have a lot of stuff that can be fatting? What about thyroids?
    kittens+kitten=kitty Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2005, 10:40 AM
    Dear help
    Being over weight is OK. Would you like a salad or a brownie? If you like a brownie find someone who likes brownies. Tips to lose weight

TIPS for loseing weight
    1:exirsize 20 minutes. Every morning
    2:when you go shopping read the labble on the back to see if its healthy
    3:go to the jym every other day

Well that's all for now good luck.

Nov 27, 2005, 11:01 AM
    Honey child
    Now children. YEs there are some over weight people that are just as cute as I am but its not safe just like its not safe to be too thin either. You know what? Half the people who call themselves over weight are not overweight they just have curves. Skinny people that don't have any shape are jealous so they say you are fat. What about the vegetarian thing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

Wieght training [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 going on 15 and around 5'3 or 5'4 and as you can see I am not very tall and I heard that weight training would stunt your growth so I was wondering if you could include information on anything that would give me the same muscle without the damage to my body because my football coach is...

I don't want to Lose kathleen [ 32 Answers ]

My name is Duncan I am 21 years old and my girlfriend is 25 kathleen things happen yesterday night when we were arguing! Actually yesterday I pretty much loss my job! She is a pretty bossy and aggressive type person who easily triggers my emotions she is truly always emotion and cry herself and say...

Can We Lose Our Car? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband recently got a notice of Garnishment for our bank account for a repossession of a car. If he was to file Chap 7 alone, could we lose our current car? I was also on the re-possed car as co-owner but I am not on this one. I am also on disability, so they can not garnish my disability...

Under wieght puppy [ 1 Answers ]

I just rescued a under weight male Chihuahua it's a puppy about 2months old and it not wanting to really eat I have been using dropper to give it formula and water but it is getting diarrhea not really bad but it looks really mucus can anyone help.:o

View more questions Search