Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliotah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Oxycontin withdrawals
    My boyfriend did oxycontin for about 4 months, so he says. He said that his withdrawal wasn't that bad. I know from reading the withdrawal is hell. I'm wondering if the withdrawal for oxycontin varies with the length that a person does it. Say does 4 months differ from someone using it for 6 months? Can anyone help?

Also, do you know if you can buy a drug test that will screen for that?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I urge you to visit the website below which will clue you in to all side effects and withdrawal symptoms of oxycontin. I could detail them here but will make you more aware and educate you a little more if you read it yourself.

OxyContin Awareness and its other dangers
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Withdrawal symptoms vary from person to person, but my experience with people that do crack or oxycontin is that they are in denial and tell you what you want to hear. They think they can hide when it is obvious they are being sneaky.
    He may have quit but watch for red flags like is he always saying he doesn't have money because he paid someone 'he owed'? They always like to say they owe making it sound so past tense. Also they will always point the finger at another's addiction like they aren't the one that's messed up from an addiction. For example, they will say something like look at my cousin Timmy he stole grandma's medicine and traded it for oxycontin. For some reason this helps ease their mind and helps them justify themselves in their denial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair Follicle Test: Oxycontin, Heroine [ 6 Answers ]

A close family member of mine is having a hair follicle test done. In the past couple weeks she used heroine, oxycontin, and percosets. I know hair follicle tests check for 5 classes of drugs including cocaine, meth, opiates etc. Will this test also determine if she used oxycontin and...

Oxycontin? [ 5 Answers ]

Someone told me that this pill was an 80 mg oxycontin,problem is... it was pink an ha a G on he opof the pill and below the g was 164... I know what 80mg oxycontins looklike... can anyone tell me what this guy was trying to give me?? Thanks a lot!!

Oxycontin and vicoden w/d's, different or the same [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I hope someone can help with my question. I recently switched from vicoden to oxycontin. The first part of my question is will the withdrawals pretty much be the same from vicoden and oxycontin or will they be different? Secondly, what are the withdrawals of oxycontin? I stopped for...

How long withdrawals last [ 11 Answers ]

I'm addicted to oxycotin I've been quit now for two days I need to know how long I'm going to feel like this I've been taking them for 3 years and I'm really trying someone please help

View more questions Search