Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HelpMe01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2005, 07:23 PM
    Lump/Bump on penis... Help... Worried
    Hey, I'm a 15 going on to 16 year old, going through last part of puberty and I just today found a bump on the right bottom part of my penis shaft... its red around the bottom of the bump and a little whitter at the top... Im really worried I don't know what to do.. Im still a virgin.. and I'm embarrassed of asking for help... What could this be? I studied the whole day... it might just be a cyst but I'm not sure. I do masturbate quite often... umm... it wasn't there yesterday and it hurts when I touch it but not otherwise

And I'm really worried and I hve no idea what to do!

EDIT*** After i took a shower just 5 minutes ago... some white stuff came out of the bump.. so im thinking it mightve just been a zit.. but there is still a bump but it isnt red and as hard anymore

Help
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 26, 2005, 06:01 AM
    Bump
    Hi,
    I would give it maybe 2 weeks to go away. If it doesn't, then I would see a doctor.
    I won't guess at what it might be, cause it could be many things; but probably nothing serious.
    Don't be ashamed at telling a doctor and letting him/her examine you. Things happen, and that's what doctors are for... they have seen a million of them! Maybe not that many... but a lot.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    fcboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 09:16 AM
    I just found a lump on the bottom right side of my penis and I don't know what it is... its in the skin but not on the penis... its a little red around it but not a lot... I just found it last night and I'm pretty sure it hasn't been there for long... any ideas on what it is?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 09:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMe01
    Hey, im a 15 going on to 16 year old, going through last part of puberty and i just today found a bump on the right bottom part of my penis shaft... its red around the bottom of the bump and a little whitter at the top.... Im really worried i dont know what to do.. Im still a virgin.. and im embarrassed of asking for help... What could this be? i studied the whole day... it might just be a cyst but im not sure. I do masturbate quite often... umm... it wasnt there yesterday and it hurts when i touch it but not otherwise

and im really worried and i hve no idea what to do!

EDIT*** After i took a shower just 5 minutes ago... some white stuff came out of the bump.. so im thinking it mightve just been a zit.. but there is still a bump but it isnt red and as hard anymore

Help
    Probably a zit, as you said, but also could be an ingrown hair and also not much to worry about. Keep the area clean, use peroxide if you have it. Check it with a magnifier and if it's a hair, just pull it out. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Keep us posted.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fcboy
    i just found a lump on the bottom right side of my penis and i dont know what it is...its in the skin but not on the penis...its a little red around it but not alot...i just found it last night and im pretty sure it hasnt been there for long...any ideas on what it is?
    Check it with a magnifier and if it looks just like a pimple, then let it take it's course. It could also be an ingrown hair - therefore you'll also see it and can pull it out. Use a little peroxide to keep it sterile.
    If it's not better within a week or grown and getting painful, see your doctor. Good luck, and keep us posted.
    fcboy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2005, 11:02 AM
    It almost feels like a gland... I know its not... but if that helps anything or changes anything let me know
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Dec 28, 2005, 11:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fcboy
    it almost feels like a gland...i know its not...but if that helps anything or changes anything let me know
    Even if it is a swollen gland, that's not unusual either. Even women get that sometimes. Glands tend to swell when the body is working on an infection somewhere, but does not always mean it's serious - the body needs to encapsulate infections and turn into puss to later reject it and sometimes it's in places where we don't really need it, but that's just the way things are. But if it bothers you, the best thing to do for reassurance is to see a doctor. I'm sure all is well though, don't forget to keep us posted. Try www.WebMD.com and see if you can find similar symptoms, but still see your doc..
    sythe420 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2009, 06:36 PM
    Help I don't know what the bump is it hurts when I touch it I don't see any white and it just appeared this mourning it scares me because it is not small please I need help thank you.:confused::(
    bumpanswer Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2009, 05:56 PM

My penis has a lump on it, what is it? - Wellsphere

There are several reasons your penis could have a lump or lumps on it. In some cases there will be nothing to worry about, however, it could be the sign of a condition that will require treatment such as genital warts.

The most common types of genital lumps are explained below.

Pearly penile papules

Pearly penile papules are small lumps around 1-2 mm across that are found around the side of the head of the penis. You can normally see them when you pull your foreskin back and they look like tiny pimples. They are in fact, tiny glands and are perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

Lymphocele

A lymphocele is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It occurs because the lymphatic channels (which make up part of the lymphatic system along with lymph nodes or glands) in your penis have been temporarily blocked. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.

Lichen nitidus

Lichen nitidus is a harmless skin condition that causes small, shiny flesh-colored lumps to appear on your penis. They can also appear on your arms, legs and trunk. The lumps often appear in groups and may look like small warts.

The condition does not require treatment as the lumps will disappear by themselves. If you decide you want treatment for cosmetic reasons, steroid cream may help remove them.

Molluscum

Molluscum are small pinkish-white lumps about 1-5mm across. They can be found on the penis, as well as the lower abdomen near the pubic hair and the inner thigh. They are the result of a viral skin infection that is spread through skin-to-skin contact, so the infection can often be passed on during sex.

It is important not to scratch the lumps because they could become infected and cause scarring.

The condition is not serious and usually clears up in 12-18 months without treatment. If treatment is required, a doctor or nurse can help remove the lumps by piercing them with a sterile needle and removing their contents.

The mollusca can be frozen off (cryotherapy) or burnt off (diathermy). Diathermy treatment requires a local anesthetic first.

Other treatments include pricking the mollusca with a strong chemical that causes the contents to burst out, (this can be painful and may leave scars); and scraping off the mollusca (cutterage).

Sores (ulcers)

Painful sores, spots or ulcers on your genitals are typically a result of a herpes infection. More rarely, it could be a result of skin cancer. In either case you should visit your doctor or STD clinic as soon as possible.

Genital herpes can be treated with antiviral medication

Genital warts

Genital warts that appear on the shaft of your penis will look like the warts you would find on the hands. Warts that appear under your foreskin or near your urethra will look pinkish-white.

Genital warts are caused by the HPV virus which can be spread during sexual intercourse.

You should visit your doctor or STD clinic for treatment. Do not use the wart lotions that are available at pharmacists as these are not suitable for genital warts and could harm your penis
    MYDEARFRIEND Posts: 45, Reputation: 2

May 15, 2009, 06:01 PM

It could be just puberty and it could be a simple pimple, a lot of boys,guys and men will often get them. I don't know if you are circumcised or not as that depends on how you clean yourself down there as well. I think you said that white stuff came out, I believe it was just a zit type pimple. You may get more or none at all, just keep an eye on it and if you think it is getting worse then seek help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on penis [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I was looking around before and noticed that on the shaft of my penis there was one single bump, it was a little bit red at first, but then I squeezed it a little and some white stuff started coming out of it, when I finished squeezing it out, the red-ness was gone and the bump is going...

Penis bump [ 7 Answers ]

All right so like many other of zillions of forums on the internet. I am going to ask for some help like all the others did... So I woke up 2 days ago and was in the bathroom before I was going to shower and I noticed a large bump on the right side of my penis shaft... Iam a 17 year old male -...

Bump on penis [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, I noticed a small bump on my penis shaft that sometimes appears after an erection or masturbation. It doesn't hurt or itch and tends to just last no more than an hour and goes away. I thought it was a cyst but since it goes away I am ruling that out. Maybe an allergic reaction? Or...

View more questions Search