Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CBasie2856 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Squinty Eyes, Not Squint Eye Disease
    Many people complain to me that both my eyes squint. They come up to me and ask me questions like these: are you Chinese? Are you Japanese? I ask why and they tell me that both my eyes squint and that indicates that I am part Chinese / Japenese. The fact is, that I AM NOT CHINESE / JAPANESE PEOPLE!! I am caucasian. They might also ask "Why do both your eyes squint? So I tell them what I suppose is true and that its mostly because of a vision problem. It so happens that I have a history of poor vision and I still have vision problems. I will tell you that my left eye can see very good - almost twenty twenty vision. The problem exists in my right eye, which is totally shut off by the brain. I can still see with my right eye, just not as good as with my left eye.

None of what I am telling you helps unless I will give a complete history of my vision.
    I was born with crossed eyes, commonly referred to as amblyopia. I got a surgery to help correct it. I was stuck with glasses - I should of had a patch to try and improve my eyesight. But once I went to school, I was made fun of by other students. By the fifth grade, I decided to not wear glasses any more and I took them off. I have never worn glasses since. When I entered middle school, thats when people started asking me those questions like "are you Chinese?", "are you Japanese?" That's when I started researching the subject. I didn't find anything on the internet about the subject.

But if this all has to do with my vision and my left eye is the good eye, then why does
    My left eye squint? Why do both my eyes squint?
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Just the way you were made, the structure of your eye and your face is why they squint, or perhaps because of the surgery, as it may have changed the structure of your eye and your face around the eye.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Your eyes are squinting to compensate for each other. You really should be wearing glasses to help this problem out. There are glasses out that are very fashionable these days. Glasses are now a major fashion statement. There are people in my class who don't even need them, but go to walmart and buy different colored rims to match their clothes. LOL

Back to the original. Your good eye is squinting to compensate for the bad, and the bad eye in return is squinting to try to see better.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 07:00 PM
    You really should be wearing glasses, this can help to stop you from squinting. Some people actually still squint for a while after getting glasses just out of habit. And you really should have continued wearing a patch when you were younger... They can no do contact lens patches.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Meningococcal disease [ 1 Answers ]

What proves Meningococcal disease to be an infectious ?

Is it a disease? [ 6 Answers ]

My friend can't eat a thing and when his eats it goes out. His smokes and drinks. What can be the problem? Is it a disease? What are the signs of an hiv disease?:confused:

Is this a Disease [ 1 Answers ]

Pimpels black heads on my cack how do u get rid of

What is my disease ? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a young man of 27 years old。From childhood I was shame Personality.I used to avoid people and places .I used to be so nervous While Talking with people .I always used to seek company of my friends to go School , market .I used to feel safe in company of other people. I couldn't change...

Cat's eyes and reaction to chemicals in the eye [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I was cleaning my cat's ears with a special ear cleaner I bought at a pet supply store. She shook her head before I had a chance to massage the cleaner into her ears. The cleaning solution flew all over and she ended up getting it into her eyes. She started meowing and running all over...

View more questions Search