Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandrady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 06:23 AM
    Side effects of neutrogena sunblock spf 55
    Hello
    I started using the neutrogena sunblock spf 55 and a few days later while applying it to my face I have this burning sensation all over my face. And my face just had this sudden reaction I can't explain it, I don't know why. Every body started telling me it looks like I have scratching my face, then I stopped it. My face is back to normal but I don't know what to do.. should I start again.. is it because I am applying it harshly... is there any instruction of what to do or how to use it please I would appreciate a reply because I am burning up
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2007, 01:41 PM
    I'm guessing you are having an allergic reaction to it. Don't use it anymore, go see your doctor and take it with you. :(
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 04:41 PM
    You could be allergic to one or more of the ingredients in it like a sulfate or benzoic acid
    Maybe try another brand and see what happens. I have been hearing a lot about sunblocks do not actually block the more harmful cancerous rays but only the ones that cause sunburn.

Skin Deep: Cosmetic Safety Database - Special Report
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 16, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Weird! I have the same thing happen with the Neutrogena brand, but not with others. I think I must be allergic to something in it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 16, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Some sunscreens can irritate people's skin which can cause burning, stinging or a rash. If the sunscreen you're using stings your skin, I advise you to stop using it. This reaction will go away and your skin will return to normal. I recommend using a hypoallergenic sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 or higher. Make sure that you test the sunscreen on a small are of your skin to ensure that it doesn't irritate your skin.
    dangko.bishal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 08:29 PM
    The higher SPF Number is the best one. Because there is no 100% protection by any SPF number or just understand SPF30 = UV 97% protection, SPF 50= UV 98% protection and the SPF 100=99% protection so the SPF number increasing is not mean to double protection and also there is no side effect.
    "Bishal Shrestha"
    dreamland.salon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2010, 08:37 PM
    The higher SPF Number is the best for the UV radiation as a sunblock . Because there is no 100% protection by any SPF number or just understand
    SPF30 = UV 97% protection, SPF 50= UV 98% protection and the SPF 100=99% protection so the SPF number increasing is not mean to double
    protection but the little bit more protection and also there is no side effect.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Sunblock/Sunscreen/Day cream with SPF [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, is it same using a day cream with SPF 15 or sunblock/sunscreen with same SPF? I am a bit lazy so I was planing to use just day cream with SPF in it than to use any other product and then sunblock,, do u guys have something to tell me... thanx :)

If I can't climax, are there other ramifications? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is pretty straighforward (I think). Are there physiological effects that happen to a man when he's been aroused and doesn't climax? Thanks.

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

View more questions Search