Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valoscana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Wires on honeywell thermostat T8411R
    I was painting my wall and I decided to remove my thermostat off the mounting plate, after I finish I put it back but it didn't work anymore, so I check the wires and noticed a black wire that was loose, all the other wires were in place, so I tried to tight those but a think I accidentally touch the red an blue wire together, so I went to turn the power switch off an d recheck, everything looks fine but when I turn the power switch back on the thermostat have no power, what can I do since I don't know where the black wire come from and whether I short circuit something, this is the diagram on the mounting plate, green G: blue C; red R; yellow Y; white L and W2; orange O; and W1,E,B don't have wires.
    What should I do?:confused:
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 05:04 AM
    Find the cause of the power interruption. Check the transformer to see if it is working supplying 24 volts.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:00 AM
    If you are lucky, you blew the fuse on the control board. If you need help finding the fuse, see https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/heatin...ons-58313.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell T8411R Thermostat Wiring [ 3 Answers ]

Someone gave me this digital thermostat which was used & has no instruction papers. I have a Goodman Heating & A/C self contained unit outside for a mobile home. The old thermostat was a 4 wire system with a green wire on the G terminal, red wire on the RC terminal, blue wire on the Y terminal, and...

Honeywell T8411R to Hunter 44360 Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get this to work right. The Honeywell is wired: G... Green C... Blue R... Red W1 and Y... jumped together L... empty W2 and E... jumped together

Replacing Honeywell T8411R with Honeywell RTH7500 - wiring problems [ 1 Answers ]

I need help getting my new, programmable thermostat to work. I currently have a dual-stage Heat Pump and A/C unit that works fine. The current thermostat is the Honeywell T8411R. I don't know the number for the subbase, but it's the one that came with the thermostat. The current (operational)...

Honeywell thermostat model #t8411r [ 1 Answers ]

Our system controls both the central air and heat in our home (which is a rental). Yesteday I noticed that after I had switched on the heat that the thermostat was no longer working. We have checked all the breakers and examined the circuit board, however, I am still in a quandry if this is a...

Matching wires on new honeywell thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

My old thermostat was janitrol HPT 18-60 and wires were: Y (yellow) G (orange) R (Red) O (orange) W2 (white) E (Black) C (Blue) I just bought a Honeywell #RTH6300B. Their wires are: G,W,Y, R,RC. How can I match them up? Do I need the "O" on the old one? We are only getting hot air now by...

View more questions Search