Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jazzygeeto Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2005, 05:45 AM
    Channel 4 girl with puppet/chalkboard!
    Hello, I was just wondering if anyone remembered this picture channel 4 used to screen early in the mornings... it was just a picture of a girl holding a puppet with a chalkboard next to her ;) There was a circle surrounding her, and black and white lines on the outside, with a continuous beeping sound in the background :) Does anybody have the picture around, or knows the proper term for this freaky creation? I would be grateful if I could see it one more time! :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 25, 2005, 05:53 AM
    I know exactly the one you mean, but it was on BBC not C4.

They where called Test Cards, HERE's a link to the whole Test card gallery.

HAve fun ;)

The main site, Here, give a lot more information about the Test cards.
    Jazzygeeto Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2005, 06:29 AM
    That's brilliant! Thank you very much!! :D
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Nov 25, 2005, 08:05 AM
    Test Cards
    Hah-hah.Had to laugh Curlyben.Those early BBC test cards took me back a bit.I remember,just,as a kid going to Sutton Coldfield,on the outskirts of Birmingham,to see early colour transmissions to the public,a week before they started to broadcast full-time to the UK on BBC2,back in 1967!
    With my mom and dad we queued for over five hours (in the rain naturally),to be shown quickly in to this building,where 20" colour tv's displayed a program on flowers,and plants.I dont remember that bit,but that's what we saw,apparently :D
    All I remember is getting fed-up,wanting to go home,and generally being a pest.Oh the good old days eh.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 25, 2005, 08:13 AM
    Cripes Nez, you really are OLD ! ;)

I only remember the ones with the girl and that site really brought back some great memories for me.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Nov 25, 2005, 10:38 AM
    Creaking gates
    :D I was five!

My now five year old son,is starting to ask me to get a plasma screen TV,as he says "one of his friends at school has got one".I told him,if we were intended to be as rich (and lucky,as his friend obviously is),I,would'nt have to work for a living.It did'nt work,as he asked me would santa still bring him one this year if he asked nicely!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Title of 80s puppet movie about monsters [ 8 Answers ]

This movie was my fave as a kid but I don't know its name. A dude gets married and the honeymoon is to this island resort run by monsters. The characters are all really cool puppets and the island is dark with a castle like hotel. The only detail I remember is a hunch-back concierge who is in...

Children's Puppet TV Show [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter used to watch a TV show with puppetlike animals. One was a rabbit with an english accent (female) and there was another one named Billy. It almost looked like a mother goose feeling... Possibly a tree house. I am in New Jersey and have cablevision, it was on channel 21 early in the...

What channel? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in America and I love worldcup soccer. I am the biggest portugal and Italy fan in America. I would like to watch my fav. Club teams play for example barcelona, real madrid, fc roma, any club team. What station can I watch these soccer games on? :confused:

Av channel needd [ 1 Answers ]

My 7 year old daughter has a 14" Proline TV/Video combi with no remote control. She was bought a DVD player for her birthday which she can't use because we can't switch the TV to AV channel. We have bought 2 universal remotes. One doesn't name Proline & won't accept after scanning through all...

View more questions Search