Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 15, 2007, 06:10 PM
    Mom Keeps Buying me food not in the mood for
    Hello, I'm Joey and I'm 14 years old.

Every time when my mom buys food.. whether its from a local groceries or from a fast food place.. it's always food I'm not in the mood for. I eat it but I don't remember any moment in my life that I ate something that I've liked and that has made me depressed.
    What do I do?
    I know it's good for you and all, and I don't mind that much eating spinach and broccolli and all that great stuff, but I need a change sometimes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Sorry but I bet you do, sounds like you are just depressed at the moment
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Hun, fast food is NOT good for you. You are 14 eat what mom cooks. Yeah, you may be depressed about it, but she is giving you good healthy food if she is cooking spinach and broccoli. When you get on your own, you can eat fattening food that is sure to give you a heart attack if you like.
    xxhopingtearsxx Posts: 45, Reputation: -1

Nov 16, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Bleh, I guess you're right. Um, J_9, I'm sorry about the comment. I was angry at your answer at first and that was an inappropriate way of me to deal with it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 03:42 PM
    xxhopingtearsxx disagrees: Okay, I am healthy enough. I haven't had one ing food I like you n00b jackASS
    This was totally and completely inappropriate. You risk being banned for disparaging comments.

**EDIT** Not to mention I am not the N00b here, you are, I am one of the Supermoderators.

If you don't like what your mom cooks, ask her to cook something else.
    jamonit80 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx

Everytime when my mom buys food.. whether its from a local groceries or from a fast food place.. it's always food im not in the mood for. I eat it but I don't remember any moment in my life that I ate something that I've liked and that has made me depressed.
    What do I do?
    I know it's good for you and all, and I dont mind that much eating spinach and broccolli and all that great stuff, but I need a change sometimes.
    Try cooking chicken Kiev, here's the link.Just copy and paste:

Chicken Kiev with Bacon and Asparagus Recipe: Recipes: Food Network

It's not as hard as it sounds, believe me. And it's yummy, you should make this for your mom. Enjoy
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 06:55 PM
    If you want variety then why not get involved in the shopping process or and the cooking process. Make suggestions and get out the recipes. You can have healthy food with a twist you know. It is all in the preparation and how it is cooked. As far as being depressed not really, just call it being a teenager.
    T-A-T11 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xxhopingtearsxx

Everytime when my mom buys food.. whether its from a local groceries or from a fast food place.. it's always food im not in the mood for. I eat it but I don't remember any moment in my life that I ate something that I've liked and that has made me depressed.
    What do I do?
    I know it's good for you and all, and I dont mind that much eating spinach and broccolli and all that great stuff, but I need a change sometimes.
    Just tell your mom your not in the mood for that food and ask her to by different food
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2007, 08:02 PM
    If you do not like spinach, ask your Mom to put it in lasagna or mix it with cottage cheese and parmesan and some imitation crab and then stuff manicotti or jumbo shells with the mix. There are creative ways to eat healthy. Start learning your way around the kitchen. Get involved instead of sitting back and then complaining. One of my better cookbooks is called, "Butter Busters" - great recipes made over to cut fat without losing taste.

When you go to college you will experience a whole different cuisine and then you will really appreciate your Mom's cooking. Honest. But now you need to make the best of the years you have left at home. One thing, if you continue to be depressed, you do need to talk to your Mom. There may be something more going on with you.

Good luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 12:37 PM
    There are a lot of good appetizer type foods that are good and like a snack.
    Do like Jesushelper said and look up recipes and ask your mom if she can make them sometimes.
    Some of my favorites are tater skins with cheese, bacon, scallions and sour cream.
    Chicken crêpes you make the crêpe batter and fill it with shredded chicken mixed with a can of cream soup (mushroom, celery or chicken) then sprinkle shredded cheese on the top and heat in the oven until the cheese is melted.
    I also love making home made potato chips slice potatoes with a potato peeler to look like regular potato chips fry like you would french fries and sprinkle with a topping like garlic powder or Parmesan cheese.
    When you have left over chicken make a chicken, bacon and melted cheddar cheese sandwich on toasted bread with mayo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get him in the mood? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everythime I want to have sex with my boyfriend he doesn't but then when he is in the mood we do it. But sometimes I just want to have sex and he doesn't! And he is shy too but I mean we have been together for 2 and half years he doesn't need to be shy with me anymore... how do I get him in...

Mood swings [ 23 Answers ]

Hi hi, I have always been a little angry and moody, but lately I have gone through the roof and I am saying things and reacting in ways I wish I wouldn't. When I lose my temper I go blank and I don't think, I lose total control of myself, instead of talking which I mean to do, I yell, loudly. For...

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

Mood swings [ 1 Answers ]

What's a mood swing?

View more questions Search