Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stormey44 Posts: 380, Reputation: 3

Nov 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
    Hair dye and pregnancy
    Is it safe to dye my hair while I'm pregnant amd if so does it have to be a certain kind or no?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
    I've heard that hair doesn't take dye as well when you are pregnant. And to be honest, I wouldn't even try it. The fumes could be harmful to the baby and yourself. I would just wait until the little one is born... Plus this is a good time to let some of that dye grow out. Get a haircut. You'll be surprised how much healthier your hair seems and is after not dying it for awhile!

Nov 16, 2007, 07:13 AM
    My doc told me I could but I'm not sure what kind to use
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
    Yeah, you can. It's just that the dyes possibly may not take the way you expect and the fumes may give you a headache, so just do it in a well ventilated area. Any kind will be fine.

Nov 16, 2007, 07:22 AM
    OK thank u
    tiff1449 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stormey44
    is it safe to dye my hair while im pregnant amd if so does it have to be a certian kind or no?
    My sister is a hairdresser and she suggests waiting until after the 1st trimester to have a dye job. She also said that by doing foils, less dye touches the scalp. She is 5 months pregnant and has dyed her hair a few times during the pregnancy plus works at a beauty salon. Hope this helps!

Nov 16, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Thank u that helps a lot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

Can I use a medium brown permanent hair dye over adark brown permanent hair dye? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I really need some advice about 3 weeks ago I dyed my hair dark brown permanent, my hair colour is naturally dark brown but now my hair is black and really making me look very hard and pale. Am I able to buy a permanent medium brown hair dye to lighten it up? I have read your site and see...

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Is it safe to have 3 lots of hair dye in 1month to try and rectify hair disaster? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I posted yesterday, with no replies yet. Basically. I have got long hair which is dark brown (dyed) base and I had bleached blonde panels. I then wanted the panels red which my colourist did and it looiked great but after just 1 wash all the red had practically gone and I was left with...

Permanent hair dye black- dye it back to light brown? [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, I have naturally light/medium brown hair. I wanted to try going blonde, so I went and got some permanent blonde hair dye. I dyed it once and it was an awful reddish blonde color, and I could tell the light color wasn't helping compliment my face at all. So I returned the rest of the blonde...

View more questions Search